Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 SSR Redline red
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure I'm not the only one in Florida with a soaked shirt back after an hour or two. I read on here that said they used wooden beaded seat cushions and that relieved the heat. Will that scar the seat from rubbing on it, dos it really work or is there another fix for it, or something else someone can suggest.
Thanks
The Hat

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Authentic Sheepskin...really works to keep you cooler in the summer (as you know Savannah does have a bit of humidity with their heat - much like Florida), and warmer in the winter......

·
Registered
2,606 Posts
Authentic Sheepskin...really works to keep you cooler in the summer (as you know Savannah does have a bit of humidity with their heat - much like Florida), and warmer in the winter......
Yup... I have silver sheep skin "vest" seat covers in my truck. Really helps keeps things comfortable. I take them off in the winter. I did the wood beads for a summer. They were OK at cooling and didn't damage the seats. But the sheep skins are better in my opinion.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Is your Air conditioner working at 100% ? We live in Texas and it gets HOT here. We came home one day from Galveston in June 2019 and my wife said she was not riding in the Roadster until the A C was fixed. I had done all the normal stuff. Still got HOT in the cab.

Then I called Mike in Az. Simple Engineering he told me what my problem was. The SSR AC Evaporator Temp Sensor needed Replaced.
Oh yes the wife is Happy again with the Roadster. 👍😊🇺🇸🤠

Life is Good

I suggest you call @Mike in AZ

·
Premium Member
2004 SSR Redline red
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The a/c works great, my wife is comfortable, its just my back against the seat that gets soaked, I'm ordering a sheep skin back for my seat, that's what I was told worked the best to let your back breath. Thanks for the thought though, it's appreciated.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
I had the same problem here in Savannah, by the time the cap was cool from A/C my back was soaked - especially with leather seats. Sheepskin took care of that problem, no more soaked shirts, I think you will be impressed with the difference.

·
Premium Member
2004 SSR Redline red
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm ordering one right now, thanks for the info

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
I've used the beaded ones. They work great. They're surprisingly comfortable. I have also used sheepskin. My problem with sheepskin is it gets dirty and sometimes smelly. The beaded ones don't hold dirt.
fltsfshr

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
by the way where did you get yours
@The Hat: Rocky Mountain Sheepskin Co. - third set, twice with mini cooper and once with SSR - custom fit, long hair Mareno sheep, looked just a good in the mini after 5 years with minimum care, like I said before, no more wet shirts...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts