Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First breakfast for newly formed Houston Coastal group will be in Seabrook at the Pelican Grill located at 3142 E. NASA Pkwy. Please join us to discuss possible upcoming activities which was described in email sent Dec. 7th to all members of group.

Possible Activities:
Feb - Fredericksburg
March - Tech Day and crawfish boil
April - Dayton Rally
May - Galveston Seawall Cruise with lunch a Steve's Landing Crystal Beach
June - Crab Boil and Beach Cruise

:blue:

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Hey Lester and Brian are the guys from Houston invited to this party? If so I'll be there weather permitting.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Roy Lee:party

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,273 Posts
Wish we could attend, we'll be driving back from MN with replacement construction material.

·
Premium Member
1,938 Posts
Hey Lester and Brian are the guys from Houston invited to this party? If so I'll be there weather permitting.

It's good that Texas is so big, but that makes us break up into smaller groups to keep the SSR Fanatic spirit alive. We are all Texas R's, and you can come to any Texas party anytime... just let the host know. You can even throw your own Texas R's party.

It's great to see Gab-n-Grubs happening. It was a pleasure to meet with the Hill Country R's recently.

Have R will travel... and in Texas you must.

Frank

·
Premium Member
580 Posts
Thanks, I will be there barring anything happening between now and then..Looking forward too meeting some more of the Owners. I met one today while out driving, Al who has a Smoking Asphalt 04 like Mine. Hopefully He will read the posts and be able too make it too the Breakfast as well. Send me the email with the events again, I think I got it before, but nothing wrong with having it Twice..I am old..lol

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
594 Posts

You bet! The more the merrier!
Hope we have a good turnout.
You need to come show off your "award winning" paint job!
:ssr
Brian

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,313 Posts
Actually Gary, I believe that the custom paint that "Hot Rod" chose will be ON FIRE for the next 50 years or more!!! :surprise:

This is a recent shot of "Hot Rod" after parking his ride at our last Permagrin Breakfast.........

images-17.jpeg

《★★》-- Yep.....that's ON FIRE!!!!

==============
David :black:

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,273 Posts
Wish we could attend, we'll be driving back from MN with replacement construction material.
The High temp (if you can call it High) up here today was 10 below, 25 below with the wind. Damn, I'm ready to head back to TX early, the hell with picking up our load of construction material.:frozen::frozen::frozen:

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
The High temp (if you can call it High) up here today was 10 below, 25 below with the wind. Damn, I'm ready to head back to TX early, the hell with picking up our load of construction material.:frozen::frozen::frozen:
Comparing the weather forecast up there vs down here... you'd do well to get on back here and have breakfast with us next Saturday. :sunce::grin2:
Brian

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,347 Posts
From a Foreigner (Californian)

I would like to ask if the date has been set for the March get together. but maybe I should offer a tentative explanation first. March 8 (Thursday) is the scheduled date of the Meeting of Shareholders of the Walt Disney Company and it appears that it will be somewhere in Houston. I am planning to drive to that meeting with a stop in San Antonio the weekend before the meeting and Sailing (Jody) is currently planning to fly in from Maine. We would like to get together with the Fanatics in the area while we are there. The day of the meeting is usually full of other activities after the meeting so that would not be the best day to plan something. The current plan is for Jody to fly out on Sunday after and I will be starting the drive home on Sunday as well.

More information to follow as it becomes available.

Reactions: RedlineRyder

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
I would like to ask if the date has been set for the March get together. but maybe I should offer a tentative explanation first. March 8 (Thursday) is the scheduled date of the Meeting of Shareholders of the Walt Disney Company and it appears that it will be somewhere in Houston. I am planning to drive to that meeting with a stop in San Antonio the weekend before the meeting and Sailing (Jody) is currently planning to fly in from Maine. We would like to get together with the Fanatics in the area while we are there. The day of the meeting is usually full of other activities after the meeting so that would not be the best day to plan something. The current plan is for Jody to fly out on Sunday after and I will be starting the drive home on Sunday as well.

More information to follow as it becomes available.
Dwight,
The date hasn't been determined yet, except that it needs to be on a Saturday. Talk is, that it will be the "Texas" tech day for this year (instead of the Dallas area). If so, Fanatic turnout should be good.
It would be great to see you and Jody. Hopefully things will workout for that to happen.
Brian

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,347 Posts
Sounds great. For what it is worth, I vote for March 10.:grin2:

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,347 Posts
Well.. then that's what we'll do!
March 10 works best for a number of reasons.
Hope everything works out for you and Jody to join us!
Brian
It is on my calendar and I am sure that Jody will do all she can to be there as well. Thanks.

Reactions: RedlineRyder

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,313 Posts
Doesn't March 10th conflict with the Houston Area Permagrin Breakfast?!?!!!?

:surprise:

=================

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Doesn't March 10th conflict with the Houston Area Permagrin Breakfast?!?!!!?

:surprise:

=================

Picking an event date can be a difficult thing... bound to conflict with something. But... why not attend both?
The (all day) tech day is a great opportunity for owners to make improvements to their "R" while getting expert advice or help.
Brian

1 - 20 of 30 Posts