Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are planning a trip for Feb 10th to Fredericksburg to attend a 8:00 pm show at the Rock Box Theater featuring music by 4by4, with music of the Beatles, Beach Boys. Bee Gees and Motown. Tickets are $42 and need to be purchased in advance as soon as possible. You can go to website listed below for information on the Rock Box Theater and to purchase tickets. We would love any and all to join us.

www.rockboxtheater.com

:blue:

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tickets purchased Row J Seats 13 & 14.

Below is link to hotels in Fredericksburg. Some hotels already book with no rooms available, so I was thinking 2 hotels with availability within walking distance to Rock Box Theater located at 109 Llano St. are the Inn on Barons Creek $183 or the Holiday in express $180. You welcome to stay where you like. I know most folks that visit Fredericksburg have a place they like to stay.

https://www.google.com/search?rlla=0&hotel_dates=2018-02-10,2018-02-11&tbm=lcl&ei=PnRKWujTIYGSmQGhhbvwCA&hotel_occupancy=2&q=hotels+in+fredericksburg+texas+on+main+street&oq=hotels+in+febricksburg+texas&gs_l=psy-ab.1.1.0i13k1l2j0i13i30k1j0i13i5i30k1l7.37156.37156.0.54427.1.1.0.0.0.0.181.181.0j1.1.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.1.179....0.WRXWXZYeEvE#rlfi=hd:2018-02-10,2018-02-11;si:,30.274027971484035,-98.8750994040497;mv:!1m3!1d6622.30419991272!2d-98.86821746309812!3d30.272650027676903!2m3!1f0!2f0!3f0!3m2!1i477!2i369!4f13.1&spf=1514829284802

·
OP
8,225 Posts
What is the ETA at hotel? I will try and swing by to say hello (weather permitting)...can't attend concert.

Reactions: RedlineRyder

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
What is the ETA at hotel? I will try and swing by to say hello (weather permitting)...can't attend concert.
It shows to be ~3.5 hrs from Katy to Fredericksburg. We gotta eat... so I think we should be there by 3pm.
Show is at 8pm. That leaves plenty of time to visit!
:ssr
Brian

·
OP
8,225 Posts
It shows to be ~3.5 hrs from Katy to Fredericksburg. We gotta eat... so I think we should be there by 3pm.
Show is at 8pm. That leaves plenty of time to visit!
Brian
Where's lunch planned...maybe I can make that location instead.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where do you recommend having lunch? I am sure you know the area better than us. I see you are located in Georgetown. We had originally thought Los Cucos in Seguin, but can change our route to allow us to meet up. We could take Hwy 71 to Hwy 290. Maybe some more folks in your area could join us.

·
OP
8,225 Posts
Where do you recommend having lunch? I am sure you know the area better than us. I see you are located in Georgetown. We had originally thought Los Cucos in Seguin, but can change our route to allow us to meet up. We could take Hwy 71 to Hwy 290. Maybe some more folks in your area could join us.

Not in Georgetown, live in West Austin. No problem though, will just try and meet at hotel. Thanks

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Hwy 290 route

LOP... just as easy for us to take the Hwy 290 route. That would put us on the south side of Austin at lunch time. Just not familiar with restaurants in that area. Surely you can help us out by sharing one of your favorites.
Might even draw in some other locals for a "meet & eat".
Brian

·
OP
8,225 Posts
LOP... just as easy for us to take the Hwy 290 route. That would put us on the south side of Austin at lunch time. Just not familiar with restaurants in that area. Surely you can help us out by sharing one of your favorites.
Might even draw in some other locals for a "meet & eat".
Brian
Well I just found out that Momma has some Saturday things that I must attend to, so most doubtful that I will be able to break away.

Appreciate the offer/effort to change your route though, but no need on my account.

Enjoy yourselves and if something changes I will try to drop by.

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Good trip and a good time... A little ice on the R this morning... 28 degrees coming back through the river run at Blanco... It wasn’t a top down morning, more like the heater and heated seats rolling.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Thanks for the picks Larry. I always forget to take some.
Ahh yes, weather in Texas... it's like a box of chocolates.
But... it was fun! Great show. We will be doing the Rockbox Theater again.
Brian

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the picks Larry. I always forget to take some.
Ahh yes, weather in Texas... it's like a box of chocolates.
But... it was fun! Great show. We will be doing the Rockbox Theater again.
Brian

You are right Larry and Brian, a great time with great company!! Thanks Larry for the pics. I also learn something today... that my R would tell me that there was ice possible, which there was.:frozen:

·
OP
8,225 Posts
Glad you had fun and it surely was a bit chilly/sloppy here this weekend.

guess you didn't get caught in the mess of I-10 westbound being closed all day/night Saturday east of San Antonio...at least I hope you did not, saw it on the news.

·
Premium Member
594 Posts
Glad you had fun and it surely was a bit chilly/sloppy here this weekend.

guess you didn't get caught in the mess of I-10 westbound being closed all day/night Saturday east of San Antonio...at least I hope you did not, saw it on the news.
No. We missed out on that fun. :laugh:
But we did have to detour up through Luling due to a bad 18 wheeler wreck at Buccee's. :frown2:
Sorry we missed you.
Brian

·
OP
8,225 Posts
No. We missed out on that fun. :laugh:
But we did have to detour up through Luling due to a bad 18 wheeler wreck at Buccee's. :frown2:
Sorry we missed you.
Brian
That was probably the accident I referenced...glad you got through it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts