Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Houston North SSR November Permagrin Breakfast

November 10th at 9:00 AM, Harris County Smokehouse BBQ, 290 @ Highway 6.

I'm not sure about construction and detour issues, so suggest coming to Harris County Smokehouse on Jackrabbit Road from FM-529 or West Road. Jackrabbit Road connects with Highway 6 and Old Hempstead Road under the overpass.

:party

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
Will try to be there

While it is still a week away, nothing on schedule currently in conflict. Definitely need my monthly serving of Migas and conversation.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,424 Posts
See ya there Bill. - :00000732:

Bundle up.........Its supposed to be COOL!! - :frozen:

==============
David :black:
IMG_9675.jpeg

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
Going to be back in Alabama but thought I'd recommend #30 on the Smokehouse Menu for Warrior...Hope there is a big turnout.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,424 Posts
Going to be back in Alabama but thought I'd recommend #30 on the Smokehouse Menu for Warrior...Hope there is a big turnout.
===========================================
Ahhhhhh Dave, that's not fair! Now I'll have to wait 6 whole days til I find out what a #30 has in it!!! - :surprise:

2018-11-04-12-27-52-720407151.png

Going to miss you & Diane this month. Maybe next time? - :smile2:

You two take care of yourselves and each other and maybe there'll be another happy hour the next time we see you just like during the Big Bend Run! - >:)

===============
images-6.jpeg

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,424 Posts
Nothing like a sunset in Alpine following Happy Hour...that was the sunset, wasn't it?
=============================================

Sure Dave...........sure it was! -------> 2018-11-04-13-55-47--1863233789.jpeg

HA!! - :laugh:

★☆★ - Until next time my friend. -- Vaya con dios. - :smile2:

==============
images-9.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,941 Posts
I'll be at the Tech Session in DFW heading out Sat AM.
I was through Hwy 6 and 290 this past week and it is a total mess and partially flooded and muddy.
Not sure there is any easy way to get in and out of that area where HCS is.

Might want to seriously consider moving this to the one in Tomball on 2920 until construction is completed. It's not that much further to go for most and much much easier to get in and out of.
Its just West of 249 on 2920.
14243 FM 2920 Road, Tomball, TX 77377
Greg

·
Premium Member
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stay with entering from Jackrabbit Road. Been in Houston since 1950.
Jackrabbit Road was there decades before Highway 6. Quick in. After breakfast exit 290 feeder east to Eldridge Road turn right then go to West Road, then go east or west or stay south on Eldridge to FM-529 or I-10.

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,941 Posts
Skip, Jackrabbit Rd is way out of the way for me coming in from NE of there. That makes it very difficult to navigate around. I may have to pass on our breakfasts until after all that construction is done if we are going to keep it there. We really need to pick an alternate as we all discussed at lunch last month.
Greg

Reactions: roylee

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,424 Posts
As you guys know I live very close to HCS and travel in that area ((out of necessity)) all the time. This past Wednesday I had a doctor's appt. down FM1960 from Hwy 6N and I was pleasantly surprised how quickly I got past the 290 overpass debacle. I was very early for that appointment....and this was a weekday morning!! Saturday weekend mornings are always better for lighter traffic so it could be easier than you might think now. I also went north on 1960 yesterday ((Sunday)) and it was really very easy.

I believe it was so crappy in the area in the past that everyone is avoiding traveling in the area. At least that's what I'm seeing lately and hoping for!! - 0:)

================

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,278 Posts
We don't have much of a bone in this dog fight because we only make it to about every third NW breakfast at most. However I tried going to the Academy at Hwy 290 & Hwy 6/FM 1960 last week and lost almost an hour in traffic on 1960 between Eldridge and 290. Finally got turned around and went to Willowbrook Academy instead. We won't be going to the Hwy 290 & Hwy 6/FM 1960 area again until after the interchange is complete. Will probably attend the Coastal Breakfasts instead when we get the chance.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,424 Posts
Well, for my part I'm willing to travel if need be. - :|

After all, I'm not in some huge hurry to be anywhere else that's critical on a Saturday morning. Plus I'm retired. I believe I can handle some traffic delays. Plus seeing fellow Fanatics is just worth the effort.

~~~~~ images-18.jpeg ~~~~~​

Now.......where we gonna meet?? - :surprise:

================
saguaro-silhouetten-sonoran-desert-sunset-260nw-73669441.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,941 Posts
I made my recommendation in post #8
I feel it's a good travel compromise for all of us. It's less than 20mi for all of us in N/NW.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,424 Posts
Gee whiz, nothing wrong with that suggestion Greg. - :thumbs

×××× images-8.jpeg ××××​

★★ - Sure works for me! I figure the more miles I go that I will give more people the golden opportunity to see the Black Knight!! - :grin2:

What say the rest of the local Fanatics? - :smile2:

===============
2018-08-31-11-46-29--1512306234.jpeg

·
Premium Member
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
November SSR Breakfast in Tomball

We will be MOVING the November Houston North SSR Permagrin Breakfast to CC's Cafe in Tomball at 9:00 AM.

CC's Cafe
1231 Alma St.
Tomball, TX
(281) 357-8205

This is off of FM 2920 (Main Street) and Business 249, in an old strip center behind the HEB.

CC's Cafe

:party

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,941 Posts
CCs is a good choice. Gets real busy at breakfast. May need to get a head count and call to see if they will reserve a table. Not sure they will do that though.
Greg

1 - 20 of 40 Posts