Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The North Houston SSR's invite y'all to to join us on The Great Houston Ship Channel Crossing Cruise

Saturday, July 21st

We’ll meet at Kelley’s Country Cookin’ 8015 Park Place at the Gulf Freeway (Close to I-610 East and I-45) at 9:00 AM. No reservations or organized breakfast. Gather as you can.

At 10:00 AM we’ll depart from Kelley’s and head North on I-610 Loop over the Ship Channel. First crossing.

We’ll head east down Market Street to Federal Road and cross under the Ship Channel at the Washburn Tunnel. Second crossing.

We’ll go East on Texas 225
Continue over the Fred Hartman Bridge. Third crossing.

Then continue on the Baytown Loop to I-10.
Go west on I-10 to the Lynchburg Ferry Road.
Take exit and continue to Lynchburg Ferry. Fourth crossing.

We'll wait at the ferry and let the cars pass until they have a boat load. Next boat will be all SSR's on the ferry. (We’ll need walkie-talkie communication to coordinate)
We need a volunteer to be on the other side (San Jacinto Monument side of the Ship Channel) to take photos.

We’ll have a couple of hours to visit the Ship Channel and watch ships passing. Visit the Battleship Texas and/or the San Jacinto Monument.

We’ll gather at the Monument Inn for lunch at a time to be determined (TBD). when we arrive and time to take for the tours (we'll still be full from the big breakfast at Kelley's County Cookin') It will probably be a late lunch but around 4 hours from breakfast.

Top Down or Top Up let’s make this happen. Y'all come on down....hear?

Please RSVP so Reservations to Monument Inn can be made.

:banana:00000732::cheers:party:party

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,563 Posts
The North Houston SSR's invite y'all to to join us on The Great Houston Ship Channel Crossing Cruise

Saturday, July 21st

We’ll meet at Kelley’s Country Cookin’ 8015 Park Place at the Gulf Freeway (Close to I-610 East and I-45) at 9:00 AM. No reservations or organized breakfast. Gather as you can.

At 10:00 AM we’ll depart from Kelley’s and head North on I-610 Loop over the Ship Channel. First crossing.

We’ll head east down Market Street to Federal Road and cross under the Ship Channel at the Washburn Tunnel. Second crossing.

We'll wait at the ferry and let the cars pass until they have a boat load. Next boat will be all SSR's on the ferry. (We’ll need walkie-talkie communication to coordinate)
We need a volunteer to be on the other side (San Jacinto Monument side of the Ship Channel) to take photos.

We’ll have a couple of hours to visit the Ship Channel and watch ships passing. Visit the Battleship Texas and/or the San Jacinto Monument.

We’ll gather at the Monument Inn for lunch at a time to be determined (TBD). when we arrive and time to take for the tours (we'll still be full from the big breakfast at Kelley's County Cookin') It will probably be a late lunch but around 4 hours from breakfast.

Sounds like a lot of fun. How many cars does the ferry hold?

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
Ship Channel Crossing Cruise

Saturday, July 21st

Sounds like fun. Liz and I will plan on being there. Have not been to the Monument Inn in many years. I can also bring a couple of walkie-talkies.

:blue:

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,556 Posts
Sounds Great, Skip!!

Skip, thanks so much for putting this together for all the Fanatics in our area!! - :banana

It looks like you have it very well planned out. As of now please put Madeline and me on the list. ((As long as I can follow someone else so I won't get lost!!)) - :nopity

I hope we can get enough Rs going so we can make a definite 'presence' in the area!! - :sunce:

===============
David :black:

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,556 Posts
Oh, hell yeah!!

Anyone else thinking about cruisin' the Channel??!?!

:surprise:

C'mon everybody!! - :yesnod :cheers

==============

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,556 Posts
How Cool Is This......

We should be there.
Looks well thought out... Thanks Skip.
:ssr
Brian
=============================================

Brian, it will be good to see you again!! Hope more from North Houston group will be able to 'saddle up'!! - :wink2:

After all, how many opportunities do we have to say our SSRs have traveled on the water !!!***

*** - and gotten fantastic gas mileage doing it!! - :laugh:

==============

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Houston Ship Channel Crossing SSR's

So far have the following on the trip:

Skip2004 :purple:
True Blue :blue:
Warrior =='06 :black:
Curbssr :ssr
TXNSSR :silver:
gmpartsguy :black:
fastrock9 :blur:
Bill Ligon :purple:
Roseanne :yellow:

3 short of a Boat-load!!!

:party

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,620 Posts
WHAT! No Yeller's??!!

Nick

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,556 Posts
WHAT! No Yeller's??!!
Nick
=======================================

Hey Nick, "We Don't Need No Stinking Yellows!!"

.......After all, nobody called for a CAB!!! - :laugh: :glol :laugh: :glol

=================

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
2,013 Posts
No, the brown stains from the air in Pasadena show up too much on our Yeller trucks.
Y'all make sure you have a good coat of wax before you head out!!! LOL

Anyway, I can't make it we have a B'Day party for our two oldest grand daughters on Sat., can't miss that!
Greg

=======================================

Hey Nick, "We Don't Need No Stinking Yellows!!"

.......After all, nobody called for a CAB!!! - :laugh: :glol :laugh: :glol

=================

·
Premium Member
820 Posts

Saturday, July 21st

This sounds like a good day trip. So count Becky and me in.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts