Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I know that may have got some interest?
I work in the offshore oil and gas industry and one of the things we need is super clean hydraulic fluids (including oil) down to about 1 - 2 micron particle size (NAS 6 or better)
One of the companies I use called Kleenoil (Canada and UK) have recently fitted a 'by pass filter' to a good old Land Rover Diesel - I know the company, read the info and fitted one to my SSR - takes about an hour and a whole load of fittings to get the right one!
Short story - this filter is fitted as well as your standard filter - when it comes to oil change time just change the kleenoil filter - leave your oil and standard filter alone.

This unit cleans all water and all particles and in most cases the oil ends up cleaner than when it came out the can!!

If you want any more info then PM me!

They suggest it should hold the oil above spec for 60 maybe 70,000 miles. an over here in UK it costs 125£ (about 200 dollars) and comes with 6 oil filters in the pack.

Any questions??

·
Registered
590 Posts
Changing engine oil still can be done at a reasonable price, changing engines can be very expensive. :yesnod

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agreed - which is why I changed the oil before putting the filter in place and as a precaution will get an analysis done at the recomended interval for oil change - luckily I get that cheap through work anyway.
Plan is to change the oil at every other service interval. In the meantime I just get much cleaner oil and much less engine wear.
I do relatively high mileage so should represent a reasonable saving. As super synthetics over here in UK work out at aound $200 for an oil change it is worth the effort.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
Keep us posted. It sounds too good to be true, but the website is very convincing. This could be great!! :ssr :thumbs

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and another thing!!

Not only is UK petrol rather expensive at $6.50 per US Gallon our Synthetic oil is at $86 per gallon !! frightening eh?

Oh and the cost of a new SSR today in UK - you wont get change out of $60,000

So believe me I want to keep my SSR in the best and shiniest condition possible!

Which is also why I have fitted invisi-gard plastic film protection from auto trim design. Another great US product but a real bitch to fit the stuff.

Luckily grappling with my lady in a vinyl cat-suit gave me good practice (I wish !) :)

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
English Gent said:
Luckily grappling with my lady in a vinyl cat-suit gave me good practice (I wish !) :)

I have always heard you English chaps liked to live on the edge. Here is what my wife wears when I want to practice.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
I happen to know from the photo in your member listing that there is a very lovely lady under that mask. :angel Focks,you are one lucky dude. :jester I'm looking forward to meeting her and finding out how she puts up with you!! :glol :glol :glol :glol

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Damn and double damn! We live a sheltered life over here - some things just aint fair! :rolleyes:

Like the fact that nearly every photo of SSR's from your side of the pond have the tops well and truly stowed.

Here in Aberdeen I have to find somewhere under cover to practice what it may feel like to go topless (the SSR that is!)

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Sorry English Gent, but I had to edit your posting.

Unless you're an Authorized Dealer, you cannot use phone numbers or websites on your postings to sell things. HOWEVER, you can still use your Private Messages to do business and give them your info there if you choose....

Hope you understand..........

·
Registered
590 Posts
woohoo said:
:jester I'm looking forward to meeting her and finding out how she puts up with you!! :glol :glol :glol :glol
That is easy to figure out.............she carries a BIG WHIP! :lol

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Buffy said:
Sorry English Gent, but I had to edit your posting.

Unless you're an Authorized Dealer, you cannot use phone numbers or websites on your postings to sell things. HOWEVER, you can still use your Private Messages to do business and give them your info there if you choose....

Hope you understand..........
That isnt a problem - no sweat. I would point out though that I ain't selling anything - just recommending a thoroughly good product and where to get information on it - I have no commercial ties nor affiliations (apart from a couple of ex-wives that is!).

Great site though - particularly for UK folk - we are a bit thin on customising anything at all these days!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts