Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Fun question how are you cooking your turkey?

I am doing mine on the pellet grill. I slice an orange and apple and put the slices under the skin then the rest in the cavity. Put it on smoke for an hour, I leave it open in the aluminum pan while smoking. Then I cover it with aluminum foil and wrap it tight to the pan, turn it up to 300 and let it grill till done. Very juicy and tender.

Have in the past done the deep fried, trash can, baked, bagged in the oven. Have done the both brined and not brined. Always interested in learning new ways.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Sounds good just did some fresh trout in the Kamodo Joe stuffed with lemon onions and pecan chips for smoke outstanding. Turkey today with butter mixture under the skin and on top with lemon and onions inside wrapped in bacon looks good see how it taste

·
Premium Member
2,108 Posts
Well I like to brine all turkeys, I have one in the oven brined all night, stuffed apples , oranges onions and celery inside, and another on the smoker with the same set up.
They stay moist and tender when you brine them , never a dry turkey.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Convection oven, 21 lbs for 3 hours.
Just helped mairei lift into oven again.
Had to go get another roster pan, first one poked a small hole somehow. Butter dripped out filled kitchen with smoke. Glad Giant Eagle grocert nearby is open. Although i had just returned from another, oh damn i forgot trip. All good now to watch da BEARS.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Enjoy your time with family and friends.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well change in plans now. I got the turkey out of the fridge and pulled it out of the sealed bag and this thing did not smell good at all. So now seeing if any of the stores that are open have fresh turkey available. If not looks like we will be eating dinner out this year. We called Butter Ball and they said do not eat it if it smells funny. Ahh another Thanksgiving story.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
We cheated this year. Our favorite B-B-Q place has killer smoked turkey. We loaded up there along with a bunch of other B-B-Q and took it home for a feast. Yum.

·
Premium Member
1,541 Posts
I'm Not , My daughter is!!! Best way to go, no work, no mess, no clean up just Eat and enjoy!
Happy Thanksgiving FANATICS!

·
Premium Member
30,122 Posts
Convection oven, 21 lbs for 3 hours.
Man.... my brain works in mysterious ways at times..... saw "convention oven" and immediately thought about that old School House Rock song - Conjunction Junction!

Convection Oven, what's your function...
cooking up turkeys and makin them scrumptious.

:whistle:

Where's the "leaving" smiley when you need it?

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
Went to our daughters today and it was amazing. Walked in the door and started eating her Turkey. Visited with all the grandkids and family. We played the Grandparent CARD today. Grandkids, Family, Food, and Drinks. Big Smiles, and hugs then went home. 👍🙏👀🇺🇸🤠

Life is Good

·
My First Permagrin !
546 Posts
Hi Everyone .
Made a 12 pounder in a cooking bag.
Easiest way to go .
My family came down with appetizers and side dishes and there own beer and wine .
Easy dessert , a pumpkin and key lime pie .My family helped to serve and clean up . All in all a good day !
Happy Thanksgiving ! Dave

·
Premium Member
61,726 Posts
the turkey was roasted in a roaster......for about 4 hours butter and a lemon inside...butter and spices under the skin on the outside,,,,,,,real juicy.....

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We ended up letting Cracker Barrel do the cooking. They were busy of course but the meal was good. We will be returning the bad one to Costco and grab one from the grocery store and fix it Saturday. Double thanks giving a win win for me.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
1,388 Posts
We're on the back end of a kitchen remodel, so no cooking at this house. No going to relatives because wife and son have cat allergies. Crazy busy putting up our Christmas light display so we went fancy and ate at waffle house! (I had some ham. Does that count? I'll have to ask next time if it was brined or not!) :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :LOL::ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
61,726 Posts
We're on the back end of a kitchen remodel, so no cooking at this house. No going to relatives because wife and son have cat allergies. Crazy busy putting up our Christmas light display so we went fancy and ate at waffle house! (I had some ham. Does that count? I'll have to ask next time if it was brined or not!) :ROFLMAO: :LOL: :LOL::ROFLMAO:
so you didn't have to call a FIRETRUCK!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Fun question how are you cooking your turkey?

I am doing mine on the pellet grill. I slice an orange and apple and put the slices under the skin then the rest in the cavity. Put it on smoke for an hour, I leave it open in the aluminum pan while smoking. Then I cover it with aluminum foil and wrap it tight to the pan, turn it up to 300 and let it grill till done. Very juicy and tender.

Have in the past done the deep fried, trash can, baked, bagged in the oven. Have done the both brined and not brined. Always interested in learning new ways.
:rolleyes:
For most of the last 6-8 years or so, we have fried our turkey in a deep fryer out in the driveway. They have always come out great. A couple of years ago, I "wet" brined the turkey and smoked it after smothering it with maple syrup and a BBQ Rub.

It was good too. This year, I "dry" brined the turkey over night and then smoked it with a Cherry/Maple/Hickory blend. It came out good too.

All were moist, but I'm leaning on liking the deep fryer results better.:)

·
Registered
463 Posts
OH MAN Firetruck, You actually eat at the AWEFUL HOUSE?!?!?!?! (the one in our town isn't fit to feed feral cats!)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts