Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may sound silly, but I just raised the front end and removed the bolts on the left wheel. It does not seem to want to come off. A rubber mallet to the back side is useless. Is this normal on this vehicle? Any ideas for an easy removal?

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
277 Posts
I recently removed the right front wheel from my SSR and had no problem. Sounds like the rim is just wedged on the spindle? These wheels aren't light so be careful. Took all my energy to lift the wheel back on and I consider myself in pretty good shape.

·
Premium Member
9,389 Posts
Had mine off several times - possibly a bit of corrosion between the back of the wheel and the hub/spindle assembly - a well placed boot to the front of back edge of the tirel should dislodge it. I would sit on the ground and nail it with my heel - hurts too much when you use your toes!!!!

Ray

·
Registered
49 Posts
If the wheel won't come off you probably got some corrosion in between the hub and wheel. Loosen all the lug nuts but don't take off. Put car in drive and go about 5 mph and then stomp on brakes. That should loosen up the bind. If it doesn't loosen up, try 10 mph and do same. If that doesn't work, (c4).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts