Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was at the nearest liquer store to my work last Friday afternoon when I started thinking how this SSR, being a real '05 model, stuck out like a sore :thumbs . Someone from work sees it, talks, and the boss might wonder why I was such a thirsty :reddevil .

Suddenly I realised "OMG! Saturday is nude midget wrestling at the Roxy! What if someone sees my truck!".

So I didn't go. Instead I stayed home downloading episodes of Giligan's Island, very thankful that I had lived to a time they made both convertable hard top pickups, and TIVO's that could freeze-frame Mary Ann and her wonderful belly.

But next week is bald headed biker chicks, which I really can't miss. Is there like a Plymouth cover I can put on the SSR? Or should I start looking for a bittorrent site with all seven seasons of "I Dream of Genie"?

What do you guys do? Is that why you have another car?

Or have you ever had an embarresing converstation started by a comment on where your truck was? "So I was really surprised to see your truck at the Holy Roller Baptist Church last Sunday, Mario. Oh, hello Father!". :lol

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
dougnc said:
I was at the nearest liquer store to my work last Friday afternoon when I started thinking how this SSR, being a real '05 model, stuck out like a sore :thumbs . Someone from work sees it, talks, and the boss might wonder why I was such a thirsty :reddevil .

Suddenly I realised "OMG! Saturday is nude midget wrestling at the Roxy! What if someone sees my truck!".

So I didn't go. Instead I stayed home downloading episodes of Giligan's Island, very thankful that I had lived to a time they made both convertable hard top pickups, and TIVO's that could freeze-frame Mary Ann and her wonderful belly.

But next week is bald headed biker chicks, which I really can't miss. Is there like a Plymouth cover I can put on the SSR? Or should I start looking for a bittorrent site with all seven seasons of "I Dream of Genie"?

Or have you ever had an embarresing converstation started by a comment on where your truck was? "So I was really surprised to see your truck at the Holy Roller Baptist Church last Sunday, Mario. Oh, hello Father!". :lol
Fortunately, I have another red & chrome in town and I've been able to blame him up till now. It seems that he gets around more than I do, I'm getting spotted in places I've never been, and somehow my wife get these reports first.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Same thing happen to me last night, I was at work when one of the guys said
he seen my truck at a local nightclub.
I just told him I had a GREAT time all night.
Sad part of the story, it wasn't me!

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
Just cover it with a Jim G string (thread) :glol :glol :glol :glol

Sorry Jim - couldn't help myself on this one..

·
TROUBLE MAKER
568 Posts
Maybe us who don't own real 05 SSRs....

Us 03 and 04 SSR owners, may choose to drive our FORD PICKUPS!!!!

Did you think it might not be your SSR that stands out... It might be that SSR matching lipstick that you wear!!!! :glol :glol :glol

·
Registered
277 Posts
Park it and Leave it, Never Happen

I'm almost always in sight of my SSR and owning a 82 Elcamino I'm used to being spotted no matter where I go. Just pick your act up a notch, you did it when you bought an SSR, so it should be easy to just keep going.......... :)

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Hot Button

An SSR's Wife said:

Did you think it might not be your SSR that stands out... It might be that SSR matching lipstick that you wear!!!! :glol :glol :glol
DOUGNC you sure know how to push SSR'sWife's Chevy Hot Button :glol :glol :glol

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
An SSR's Wife said:

Probably. Still, wouldn't most men rather get caught wearing lipstick than driving a Ford Pickup?

Uh, oh. Maybe I better duck and :leaving

:)

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Good idea!!

dougnc said:
Probably. Still, wouldn't most men rather get caught wearing lipstick than driving a Ford Pickup?

No Comment :glol :glol :glol Your killin me!!!

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fred Edick said:
Park it and Leave it, Never Happen

I'm almost always in sight of my SSR and owning a 82 Elcamino I'm used to being spotted no matter where I go. Just pick your act up a notch, you did it when you bought an SSR, so it should be easy to just keep going.......... :)
That's a nice idea. Maybe I should take the high road. Let my ownership of a new SSR inspire me to even greater heights!

Or I could hang out at strip clubs and nightclubs even more, hoping to get married men like Big Daddy and Piddler into trouble with their wives!

:reddevil

·
Registered
192 Posts
dougnc said:

:lol :thumbs :lol

Live life with no regrets. Park it in the front row. :thumbs

P.S. How sad is it that I can't stop thinking about Mary Ann in those tight little jeans and halter top... :lol

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
Strip Clubs

I can go if I want and I'll be sure to park in the front. Just need to ask my wife if she wants to go with :rolleyes:

·
Registered
42 Posts
This is the EXACT reason that I bought "the ghost", a white 4door 1990 chevy lumina. I have gotten calls on my cell phone as I sat down for dinner at a seafood place that went like this.

*ring*
Me:hello
Friend:Hows the food?
Me:huh??
Friend:You can't hide that truck, I saw ya parked at Skippy's house-o-fish and crabarama. (yes I made that name up :p)
Me:You need a life dude...

and another covo...

As I am turning on to a high use road in town
*ring*
Me:Hello?
Friend:Trying to look all cool with the top down are ya? *giggle giggle*
Me: *looking around trying to spot where friend is* where are you at?
Friend: on the 8th floor of the hospital...
Me:Ok you need a life as well.

Now being that I am single, I DO drive Roxy to the club if I'm going out or most any place I go her and I are on our marry little way. BUT, there are times when I'd rather be invisible and trust me NO ONE sees the ghost.

·
Registered
178 Posts
hiding out in plain sight

dougnc said:

ssr owners don't go to strip clubs, they go to gentlemen's clubs. totally different thing... totally! :jester

·
TROUBLE MAKER
568 Posts
My Darling Doug....

dougnc said:

That is why you will always live in New Jersey, never be married, And spend the rest of your weekends visiting strip bars !!!!

But, I guess you have one good thing about you... You own an SSR !!!!! :rolleyes:

·
TROUBLE MAKER
568 Posts
Doug ?????

What's wrong, did you run out of insulting things to say ????
Come on... I drink wine, I own a ford pickup, My SSR is'nt real... it's an '04,
I AM A WOMAN that drives an SSR in public..., And I don't like your black SSR matching lipstick !!!!! :lol

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
An SSR's Wife said:
What's wrong, did you run out of insulting things to say ????
Come on... I drink wine, I own a ford pickup, My SSR is'nt real... it's an '04,
I AM A WOMAN that drives an SSR in public..., And I don't like your black SSR matching lipstick !!!!! :lol
:confused

You don't like the way my lipstick matches my SSR? I can't believe that. Here's a picture of me, tell me I don't match my black asphalt SSR perfectly!

http://vampirefreaks.com/profile.php?user=Preben_Eikrem

1 - 20 of 32 Posts