Chevy SSR Forum banner

How do you guys Like Your SSR's

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Dragon 
G
#1 ·
Hi, first this is a great site that you guys have, I curently own a silverado ss and I am looking at a 2004 SSR, I am getting a great deal on a 04. The only bad thing is that if I go far distances the SSR will be the car I have to take. If anyone here has a charger on there ssr how do they run? thanks for any help.

#2 ·
no charger but I drive the SSR between 5-7 hour stretches at a time with no problem except for all the honks, waves, smiles, thumbs up, picture taking, etc.

for the most part this is a very comfortable car. wish there was a bit more arm rest space on the door and you will always want more interior storage space but i find it no different than expected when i decided to buy a two seater.

good luck if you decide to go for it.

#4 ·
Buy It

Best vehicle I ever bought. Fun to drive. OK for long trips too. Haven't had many problems in 10 months.

#6 ·
Grouchy at 1 am waiting for guests to arrive

:yawn :yawn :yawn
Love the car, love even more driving it, love to stare at it especially right after a fresh wash-- I never wash in my town because the water here has too much minerals.

But $29.000 trade in v really really stinks and I can't do anything about it.
:cuss :cuss :cuss :cuss detroit chevy ....... :cuss :cuss :cuss
My next will never be a Detroit if they keep this up

I'll always know that I've driven ---- an american dream car.

My feelings are the same about my SSR today as I have the day I drove off the showroom.
whatelse in this world are there that could be said the same . not even the one sleeping next to you.

That why we are all spending sooo much time at this frickin fanatic site!!!!!
I think I'll go out and look at it again....

#8 ·
What do I think about the SSR!

I love IT!!! I have all types of cars over the years, but have never had as many looks, questions, and comments about any off them as I have of the SSR. I have been to the located drive-in where all the cars go on sat. night and the guys that have hot rods, custom cars and drag cars all come over asking how do you like it. I am amazed every time, but I guess there is not that many SSR.

You got the best of the new with the old look!!!!

You will never regret buying!!!

G
#9 ·
Love at one week

I must say that only after one week, I am still running out to the garage at night just to look at it. My last ride was a Lexus SC430 which generated a fair amount of attention from others, but nothing like the looks my SSR gets from people. And the ride? I'm pretty tall (6' 3") and it's the most comfortable sporty vehicle I've owned. (much better seating position and head room than my Lexus or my Corvette)

Go for it!!!! :thumbs

#10 ·
How do I like it!

I have had my 04 SlingShot now for almost two months.... Still get a grin on my face when I mount up... (In the SSR that is :) ) We drove it from Indiana to Sacramento, Calif., when we bought it... Very comfortable, cruises as well as any other car I have ever had.... Missed all the cops on the way as when the highways were open we ran it at 85-90-100 with no problems...

It is one heck of an attention getter almost everywhere we go in it.... Most people think it is a cool rebuilt old pickup! "What year is it", is the most often asked question. Second is, "how do you like it"!

Whipple is working on a Supercharger for me right now and hope to have it ready to go in a month or so.... Am hoping to see the prototype installed on one at SEMA next month... The SC should only turn my grin into a huge smile!!!

It is, indeed, a COOL RIDE!

Rainwater

G
#12 ·
Picked up my Ultraviolet SSR 2/13/04. I drove it about every day and in August after almost 9,000 mile I traded for a 2004 Z71 Tahoe. I enjoy driving the Tahoe much more because of all of the extra room and comfort features but I do love the styling of the SSR. Because of the 22 miles of country road that I have to drive to work I had to have something that would get me there in this winters snow and ice but I still have my Corvette Z06 to play with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.