Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for all of you who have used Eibach Lowering Springs on the rear of your "R". I'm trying to find out how you like the ride and the look. Let me know the positives and negatives. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
i did the rears only and love the look and ride. The side effect for me is I think it's easier to get into.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I did the rear only with the Eibach springs. I could not tell any difference in the ride. I do like the looks much better.
No negatives here just a positive in the looks.
Don't forget to get the front end aligned and the lights ajusted after lowering it.

·
Registered
7,221 Posts
Did both, and then cut 3/4 coil off the fronts. That I felt, and do when I curb park it. I would cut only 1/2 coil next time. Love the ride, and love the lowest practical look you can get without bagging it. I also run 45 series rear and 40 series front, so I have a good nose rake going on, too.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Did the rear only and I have to temper myself for insisting that all SSR owners do the same. I thought, initially, that the ride was bouncier/stiffer after the change but I believe it was only because of the newness of the springs. It 'settles' out after a shortwhile. Well, maybe not/maybe so but that's my opinion.

I will share that if you have a chin spoiler, it's a benefit (if you only do the rears) in that you get an extra half inch clearance from those dang curbs.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Best Bang for the Buck

Love 'em! Love the stance. Less "truckish", more "canyon carver".

The ride is a bit firmer. You will need to align the front. I have it at max available camber adjustment and it's just within specs.

The grass makes it look a tad lower than it really is, but you get the idea. And a front spoiler? Forgetaboutit~ You'd basically have either a snowplow or a NASCAR splitter!

This is before I color matched the running boards and added the chrome wheels:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Love the stance/look. I could tell a slightly stiffer ride. If I had not driven it before I probably wouldn't have noticed. Now that I've been driving it a few months, don't really notice the difference in ride at all. Bottom line; don't let the ride scare you. You'll never notice the difference after a few days.

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
I just put rear coils under mine... Ground Force, but love the change in handling, makes it like a roller skate on the curves we have here. Wouldn't go back for the world. :glol:glol

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
'03 has just the front lowered with Ground Force springs (1 inch drop) , and I prefer that stance (a completely subjective opinion).

'05 has front and rear lowered with Ground Force springs (rears = 1.6 inch drop). It clearly handles better. Replacing the shocks with the HD models is on the do list, haven't ridden in an R with these but am told they make a worthwhile difference.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts