Chevy SSR Forum banner

How do you like your SSR to be - Stock or Custom?

• I like to keep my SSR completely "Factory Stock"

Votes: 135 17.3%
  • I have only added "GM Accessories" to upgrade my SSR

Votes: 101 12.9%
  • I have "upgraded" the mechanics and it still looks "Stock"

Votes: 141 18.0%
  • I have customized my SSR but it still looks "Stock"

Votes: 99 12.7%
  • I have made my SSR to look slightly customized

Votes: 149 19.1%
  • I have "upgraded" the mechanics & "customized" my SSR

Votes: 105 13.4%
  • I have 2 SSRs one Stock one Customized

Votes: 17 2.2%
  • I would like to upgrade the mechanics

Votes: 47 6.0%
  • I would like to upgrade the mechanics and customize

Votes: 55 7.0%
  • I like Stock but I enjoy others upgrades and custom work

Votes: 151 19.3%

How do you Like your SSR?

33K views 105 replies 78 participants last post by  demery115 
#1 · (Edited)
You can Vote twice in this poll.

I thought it would be nice to revisit the Stock vs Custom look to see how many members here who like to see where some of our members are about keeping their rides either completely stock or having the appearance of "Factory Stock" but choose to upgrade some of their mechanical parts for better performance and or durability. I.E. Mike's upgraded cooling fan, exhaust, etc

Then there are those that completely change their looks like removing all the Chevy Bow Ties, and or added lots of customized parts and for some even turbo chargers. Then there are those that just want to upgrade their rides with genuine GM accessories and options... such as Chrome wheels, soft saddle bags, wind break, aux gauges or perhaps some GM Chrome trim pieces added to give them more bling. Then there are those that love lots of extra chrome and add all those extra chrome parts as in the engine compartment to the bowties.

Please vote and share your favorite tastes in the poll above:

NOTE: We ALL certainly can appreciate someone else's custom work but this poll is designed to reflect your very own "personal taste" for you very own SSR OK?

See less See more
#6 ·
Looks like 10 is the limit

With the new software it now appears I can't add more than 10 categories... :mad

So I decided to change one option that was not used to show 2 SSRs one for Stock and One Customized. Hope that will help you and others out. I am sorry but I can't give 3 or more SSR owners an option here too. :banghead

BTW: I added 1 vote into that new option for you.
:)

#11 ·
It's so darn hard not to customize! :cry The SSR is such a beautiful base to work from for customizing. So many performance and visual things you can do. But with the exception of few reversible mods, the Dragon will stay stock.

However, our Sunburst Orange HHR is going to get the works! I have to get it out of my system somehow! :)

#18 ·
I saw the best customized SSR I have ever seen, Yesterday while shopping for a new Home. My wife was with me, and she got the urge to use the Ladys room. So she left me there and went down to the closest place of convenience. When she came back, she was Topless. Now that was sexy, and the best customizing I will ever see on my SSR.

#20 ·
Made a couple performance and appearance changes to the Black over Silver, but nothing that can't be put back to 100% stock in 30 or 40 years.

The Yellow we bought to do what we want to, just haven't done "what we want to" yet...:glol

David & Kim

SSRHEARTBEAT's

#21 ·
For me... I love classic cars/trucks... Years ago, when I was looking for my 67 Mustang... It was soooooo hard to find one that hadn't been altered... I wanted to see what the original designers created. I'd like to keep the SSR as close to original as possible... but saying that, there are a couple things I have done & plan to do. Mud flaps!!! Its how I found the Fanatic website!!! All because I was sick & tired of dirt splashed on my door!!!... Joe's tune (fabulous!!)... Hood struts! The tailend has got a way from me a couple of times... so I've got the sway bars installed & will lower it a wee bit at the next tech session to help with the center of gravity. Other than that ... can't think of anything else...

#22 ·
Stock or custom

I can't help but make "improvements" to CK. Have made quite a few to her:
Eric's functional hood scoop
Wing Spoiler
Mike's aux. fan
Mike's replacement fan
Mike's daul exhaust
Muth mirrors
Toyo proxeys
Decals and Badges (I need stinking badges):lol

next is the sway bars followed by the gear change to 4.56:)

#23 ·
And how do you Like your SSR?

I forgot..:lol It has snowed here since the day I brought it home...sigh I go out to the garage and look at her....and she winks.... and I'm beginning to think the Teardrop is a curse as we are supposed to get over 10 inches of snow this weekend....:eek

#27 ·
To Customize or Not?

I do love my stock :ssr, but eventually want a customized paint job. Just trying to decide how I want it to look. Thought about flames, but so many have gone with flames - not that that's a bad thing, but if I could get the creative brain side to work I'd prefer to do something a little different. Plus, the flamejob that I would want is taken (can't be a copy cat).

I'm thinking maybe a design across the hood, but need to find somebody who has an artistic mind who can draw it out for me (even a computerized drawing), to show me what my idea would look like on a :ssr (to see if I need to change the color entirely - but I do like the red).

#31 · (Edited)
i voted keep it stock i like it just the way it is.. everybody keeps asking if i have taken it to the drag strip and i tell them now i don,t drive it to wear it out i drive it to enjoy it..

i tell everyone it,s okay while i :rolleyes: back at them i luv it and they keep asking me to hand over the keys and i tell them :nono i don,t think so,:glol

jason.

#33 ·
Since we have 2 trucks, we try out something new and if it "works", we install on both.
Neither one is THE test mule.... it just depends on which one we're doing something to and when the brain fart occurs.
We view "customized" as a hard change and "personalized" as a soft change. Hard as in hardware, and soft as no parts addition... just paint, vinyl, surface additions, and NO Body or hard parts additions. We view personalized as being no addition of hard parts to the exterior that changes the factory profile. (which would be Bear)
Wings, ground effects, hood change, Lonnie lites, etc, would fall into (our) customized category. (which would be Hawk)
We are having fun in two categories (in our own opinions) but, the more we drive our trucks, there will be more changes which will cross the boundaries of this poll. Not-to-worry.... it won't change our need to adapt our trucks to the changing needs of our driving needs/styles in the coming future..... money prevails....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.