Chevy SSR Forum banner

How do you like your SSR to be - Stock or Custom?

• I like to keep my SSR completely "Factory Stock"

Votes: 135 17.3%
  • I have only added "GM Accessories" to upgrade my SSR

Votes: 101 12.9%
  • I have "upgraded" the mechanics and it still looks "Stock"

Votes: 141 18.0%
  • I have customized my SSR but it still looks "Stock"

Votes: 99 12.7%
  • I have made my SSR to look slightly customized

Votes: 149 19.1%
  • I have "upgraded" the mechanics & "customized" my SSR

Votes: 105 13.4%
  • I have 2 SSRs one Stock one Customized

Votes: 17 2.2%
  • I would like to upgrade the mechanics

Votes: 47 6.0%
  • I would like to upgrade the mechanics and customize

Votes: 55 7.0%
  • I like Stock but I enjoy others upgrades and custom work

Votes: 151 19.3%
61 - 80 of 106 Posts
I want to ask all you SSR owners a Question? If your SSR has over heating,Speedometer not working correctly,Broken door handles, Electrical Shorts, Problems with PCM & OBDII And many other issues that myself & other owners I have talked with to do with the SSR? Why have you not taken you SSR to DEALER? Chevrolet told me that all the issues I am having with my SSR are not a vehicle problem. I see & hear about simular problems plus drive train failures but not reported to Chevrolet. WHY??

I want to ask all you SSR owners a Question? If your SSR has over heating,Speedometer not working correctly,Broken door handles, Electrical Shorts, Problems with PCM & OBDII And many other issues that myself & other owners I have talked with to do with the SSR? Why have you not taken you SSR to DEALER? Chevrolet told me that all the issues I am having with my SSR are not a vehicle problem. I see & hear about simular problems plus drive train failures but not reported to Chevrolet. WHY??
I think your dealer may not be telling you the truth. A few searches here will turn up some tech notes on them and others that the dealers just don't look for. Often the dealers are unfamiliar with the SSR and don't wan to dwork on it because they do not have anyopne trained on it. Find another dealer to talk to. I had a dealer (out of business now) who had a master mechanic work on my top and bed cover issue with out looking at the book or owner's manual to find out how to remove the bed cover. He spent a lot of time recentering it because dhe remove the hinges from the lid instead of using the method provided by the designers so the owner could do it simply.
to cut to the chase: we often know more about these trucks than the dealers but they will not admit it.

To be honest, I have'nt found a dealer that I trust as much as I trust the knowledge and information that is on this forum. I have'nt had any issues with my truck yet, but when I do, this is the first place that I'll come for help.

wanted one since they came out
mine used came w headers, cross magnaflow duals, headwork and high output cats
put a tune on it and getting Greg to build up the tranny
want to see if i can build it up to a solid 500+ hp R

Mine came to me used, always wanted one but it was not practical before. Seen this one and fell in love with it, so much so that I traded my 73 Corvette which I bought new, on it. Like it stock, although I have dress up under the hood a little, and added glass pac mufflers to achieve the sound I wanted. It is a 2005 LS2 6.0L, 6 speed manual, with 35,066 miles. Had it nearly 2 months, and love ot more, and more. My only problem now is I live in OHIO, and winter is approaching, so I will have to put it up soon for a few months until spring arrives.

Mine came to me used, always wanted one but it was not practical before. Seen this one and fell in love with it, so much so that I traded my 73 Corvette which I bought new, on it. Like it stock, although I have dress up under the hood a little, and added glass pac mufflers to achieve the sound I wanted. It is a 2005 LS2 6.0L, 6 speed manual, with 35,066 miles. Had it nearly 2 months, and love ot more, and more. My only problem now is I live in OHIO, and winter is approaching, so I will have to put it up soon for a few months until spring arrives.
Hi Slicker1,

Welcome to the Fanatic Family !!!

I bought mine used too.. couldnt aford to pay what the local dealer was padding and wound up buying one for half his price.
We love our SSR stock. I orignally voted for stock,. but I have since had the famous 2/4 tranny problem and had it rebuilt to high performace with alum valves, vette servos, 5 gear planetery, cevlar bands, and a progressive shift kit.. lots more horse power, +2mpg, and Im looking to Dyno tune it this summer...
Enjoy your SSR ,.. but you will find its twice the fun once you start hitting some of these great events people are putting on all over.

Wild Bill

Like mine! Got it used, owned by Dealer who had his paint dept put the strips on.

Had 9K, I put on the rest, now at 86,792 and rising. More I drive it, better it runs.

Have done a little to it. Imposable to list it all!!

To much to list.

Dicktator

1. Where I started.
2. Chip Foose liked what I did.

Attachments

I have ( upgraded & customized ) every car I've owned, the SSR was no different it just had to be CUSTOMIZED.

Attachments

Stock ...they all should be left stock as mine. People should not cut them up or change anything on them. :nono :)[

:confused :puzzled: :bs

What I love about my SSR, is while I'm out driving it I truly feel that I'm driving something really special. Another great thing is being able to share all of my experiences with the family that comes with it.

61 - 80 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.