Chevy SSR Forum banner

How do you like your SSR to be - Stock or Custom?

• I like to keep my SSR completely "Factory Stock"

Votes: 135 17.3%
  • I have only added "GM Accessories" to upgrade my SSR

Votes: 101 12.9%
  • I have "upgraded" the mechanics and it still looks "Stock"

Votes: 141 18.0%
  • I have customized my SSR but it still looks "Stock"

Votes: 99 12.7%
  • I have made my SSR to look slightly customized

Votes: 149 19.1%
  • I have "upgraded" the mechanics & "customized" my SSR

Votes: 105 13.4%
  • I have 2 SSRs one Stock one Customized

Votes: 17 2.2%
  • I would like to upgrade the mechanics

Votes: 47 6.0%
  • I would like to upgrade the mechanics and customize

Votes: 55 7.0%
  • I like Stock but I enjoy others upgrades and custom work

Votes: 151 19.3%
81 - 100 of 106 Posts
Saw my first in 2000 and fell in love, priced one in 03 and passed out. Found a 04 low mileage ULTRA VIOLET earlier this year and found out I'm still in love. Wife said it was a crucvertable. As much as I would love to massage the power train some me thinks it shall remain stock except for some reliability add-ons from AZ Mike

ULTRA VIOLET RULES

Better than my Smokey & Bandit 77 Trans-Am 6.6

8 Years & counting as proud owner :purple: Just Turned 50,000 Miles
I Always add wheels & Tires, they make a "Statement"
Custom Tune, 456 Gears, Custom Shifter, Magnaflo & Remote Cutout.

Life is Great.....:party:shades:

Attachments

As for my '05 Smokin' Asphalt:

Upgrades on handling, (Mike's stiffeners), tuning (PCM for less), gearing
(4.56), shifting (Hurst), breathing (KN), exhaust (NoWeeds cut out), listening (Kenwood), tires (Michelin SS and Koolerton TPMS) and cooling (Mike's fan and cowling).

Stock appearance except for chrome wheels, hood cap (chrome) and SS (chrome) on a non-chrome '05. Channel covers for when I remove the deck cover.

Things I want to do:

Update clutch and "stroke" the engine.

I would like to black it out the light bar and door handles and remove the rear bow tie.

If I could ghost flames that would be good.

just added flames

Only added the painted graphics. Once in a while I put my magnetic sign on the side to promote my business like maybe in a parade . Everything else is stock

Attachments

I have always wanted to own one since they came out in 2003. Was finally able to find a 2005 with low mileage (19,000) in Black last summer (2015), fully loaded. Have since upgraded with most of the replacement parts from Simple Engineering and had the front "clip" repainted due to a lot of stone chips, next step is a clear protective film for the front clip. Only "custom" change I made was to replace the stock in-dash AM/FM 67 CD player with an aftermarket Kenwood unit and the stereo sounds so much better plus have the added features of USB, Bluetooth, etc....
I am very pleased with the performance aspect of the SSR...weighing 4700+ pounds and still goes like a rocket ship and surprisingly handles very well on the road, almost as fun as our 2000 Corvette C5 Roadster (almost).....LOL.
Nothing like a modern day convertible sport pick up truck.

:black:

I thought I wanted a stock version.Something clean and pure. But when I saw this custom for sale I fell in love. It has all the bells and whistles. Wherever I go people are taking pics. It definitely turns some heads.

81 - 100 of 106 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.