Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Administrator
8,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok group,

I have heard a few different conflicting stories on how fast or slow the SSR top is. Anywhere from 25 seconds up to 30 plus seconds. (I believe the SSR top is the fastest on the market!)

So I decided to time mine...

*From starting noise to the final chime!! *engine running

.......................19.5 seconds DOWN
.......................21.0 seconds UP

What is yours?

Ps. no pushing/pulling allowed :nono

NOTE: I am not asking how fast our female owners/ riders tops go up or down! :nono :glol

·
Registered
705 Posts
mine is never up :) who cares, the looks at the stop light is worth every second

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Antibush avitar

Maybe I shouldn't post this, but since you have your antiBush avitar, I feel that I have the right. I guess you know what you are voting against, but do you have ANY idea what you are voting for?

·
Registered
705 Posts
I'm voting for someone who doesn't want to know what books I buy from the book store or what I borrow from the library. I am voting for someone who is a real republican and would stay out of my personal life. and doesn't want to cheapen the U.S. Constitution by amendments that serve the religious right. I'm voting for a republican that wants less government for all not just their big business buddies. (can you say Mc Cain?)

I am officially undecided after stupid democrats dropped the ball and selected the blood sucking trial attorney as the VP. I'll be voting here if neither parties get it together by November.

Go ahead take the test, I dare you!

C

·
0 Posts
Ok boys n girls, I'll un-hijack this thread now......... :nono Keep your political views OFF this FUN message board please.

I think my top drops faster than 30 seconds too! I'll go time it.

·
Administrator
8,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Stop Watch needed :O)

:agree Thanks for trying to save this thread! :grouphug (take your political views and share them somewhere else k) :nono

So where where we??? oh yes, lets share our top down/up speed times... I think it will prove to be very interesting to know what is the average speed/time for our SSRs...
:thumbs

·
Registered
705 Posts
ricardo said:
anti bush slogan.....

i thought it meant "no wife allowed in the SSR"

rick :lol

for the purposes of this board, it does mean no wife allowed in the SSR :)

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Top time

Well - it's been almost 4 weeks since my top worked in either direction. I think I timed it up in about 20 seconds once. Will try if Chevy figures out how to fix the damn thing in this decade.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Let's just get back to the real reason for this thread! Just checked mine and it is 25 sec. uptime and 21 sec. downtime. :nono

·
Administrator
8,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks NomadKenn,

Yes, we are just trying to get to know our SSRs better here. Sooo I think it should be great/fun to know what the average time/speed for top up and down is.

When you get a chance please time yours the next time you are in it. I will post the averages when we have enough of them to do that. We might be surprised at how fast they really are!

*Remember to have engine running. :seeya

·
Registered
110 Posts
hmmmmm. hot rod the ssr top?

ok, now i gotta overclock my cpu, up the voltage to the top pump motor, get that baby down in less than 20 sec.

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,334 Posts
Hey! Marc NY:

Are we starting with the door windows up or down? :thumbs

I am ready to compete in the Top Drop World Championships (TDWC) - just want to be sure everyone's at the same starting point!

Thanks, Blast

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Up and down

Up -22 seconds - Down 19 seconds.

·
Administrator
8,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Good Point!

HI BlastFP,

Yes, you can start with the windows up but then I don't think it really matters because the top starts its mechanical sequence the same time in either case. (I might be mistaken)

However; raising the top I stopped at the chimes and not when the windows were expressed to the up position.

OH yes Like that TDWC ... sounds like fun!

BTW... Great times there LLOGER...
;)

1 - 20 of 39 Posts