Chevy SSR Forum banner

How FAST does your Top Drop ??

3K views 38 replies 24 participants last post by  BlueStreak 
#1 ·
Ok group,

I have heard a few different conflicting stories on how fast or slow the SSR top is. Anywhere from 25 seconds up to 30 plus seconds. (I believe the SSR top is the fastest on the market!)

So I decided to time mine...

*From starting noise to the final chime!! *engine running

.......................19.5 seconds DOWN
.......................21.0 seconds UP

What is yours?

Ps. no pushing/pulling allowed :nono

NOTE: I am not asking how fast our female owners/ riders tops go up or down! :nono :glol

#6 · (Edited)
I'm voting for someone who doesn't want to know what books I buy from the book store or what I borrow from the library. I am voting for someone who is a real republican and would stay out of my personal life. and doesn't want to cheapen the U.S. Constitution by amendments that serve the religious right. I'm voting for a republican that wants less government for all not just their big business buddies. (can you say Mc Cain?)

I am officially undecided after stupid democrats dropped the ball and selected the blood sucking trial attorney as the VP. I'll be voting here if neither parties get it together by November.

Go ahead take the test, I dare you!

#9 ·
Stop Watch needed :O)

:agree Thanks for trying to save this thread! :grouphug (take your political views and share them somewhere else k) :nono

So where where we??? oh yes, lets share our top down/up speed times... I think it will prove to be very interesting to know what is the average speed/time for our SSRs...
:thumbs

#10 ·
ricardo said:
anti bush slogan.....

i thought it meant "no wife allowed in the SSR"

rick :lol

for the purposes of this board, it does mean no wife allowed in the SSR :)

#15 ·
Thanks NomadKenn,

Yes, we are just trying to get to know our SSRs better here. Sooo I think it should be great/fun to know what the average time/speed for top up and down is.

When you get a chance please time yours the next time you are in it. I will post the averages when we have enough of them to do that. We might be surprised at how fast they really are!

*Remember to have engine running. :seeya

#17 ·
Hey! Marc NY:

Are we starting with the door windows up or down? :thumbs

I am ready to compete in the Top Drop World Championships (TDWC) - just want to be sure everyone's at the same starting point!

Thanks, Blast

#20 ·
Good Point!

HI BlastFP,

Yes, you can start with the windows up but then I don't think it really matters because the top starts its mechanical sequence the same time in either case. (I might be mistaken)

However; raising the top I stopped at the chimes and not when the windows were expressed to the up position.

OH yes Like that TDWC ... sounds like fun!

BTW... Great times there LLOGER...
;)

#21 ·
I wish it was true.

Just to toss some gas on the fire. I seem to remember seeing it written somewhere that the top would operate in 10 seconds. That would be truly neat.

Don't remember if it was PR or some hack.

Any way, I only dare redlight operations if I am stopped by the yellow/red change.

#26 ·
window express up????

When I go for top down, my windows go down as they are supposed to, but after the top is down, they do not go back up (express up) as one of the posts here suggest. Is mine wrong?

Marc NY "However; raising the top I stopped at the chimes and not when the windows were expressed to the up position."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.