Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talking shop with a few friends over the weekend, and the subject came up about the weight of the SSR. Has anyone actually put their SSR on scale? or have documentation with the actual weight? I've heard varying opinions from 4000lbs to 4900lbs. I tried a Cat scale but my SSR was too light to register. Any info? Thanks...

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
About 4,700 LBS. This of course depends on how many add on e-bay doo dads you have pasted on it. :)

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,127 Posts
If you take the advertised weight (4760, I think), fill the tank with gas and put a driver in the seat, you are at 5,000 lbs easy. Although it is conservative, that's the rounded off number I choose to speak.

Regards

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,127 Posts
Thanks Deb,

Corrected to 4760 curb weight. Curb weight defined by GM as Full fluids (including fuel) all possible accessories and no passengers. With a porker like me, 5,000 is not much of a stretch.

Mike

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Mike in AZ said:
Thanks Deb,

Corrected to 4760 curb weight. Curb weight defined by GM as Full fluids (including fuel) all possible accessories and no passengers. With a porker like me, 5,000 is not much of a stretch.

Mike

Curb weight or kerb weight is the total weight (i.e., mass) of an automobile with standard equipment, oil, lubricants, coolant, a full tank of fuel and not loaded with either passengers or cargo.:) You changed yours before I had posted.....you stinker!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Mike in AZ said:
If you take the advertised weight (4760, I think), fill the tank with gas and put a driver in the seat, you are at 5,000 lbs easy. Although it is conservative, that's the rounded off number I choose to speak.

Regards
:agree

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,371 Posts
On my build sheet, the "shipping weight" is listed as 4619 lbs. Minimal fuel of course.

Blast

·
Registered
579 Posts
Weight

When I went to register the vehicle at the DMV I had to get it weighed (because I purchased it out of state). The weight full of fuel was 4767 pounds.

I would have had the vehicle low on fuel but the DMV showed me the chart that they use and even without the fuel I was well into the next category listed on the chart. Also it turned out that I did not need the weight of the truck afterall. One of the final things that the DMV does is goes out an look at the vehicle. When I showed them that the top went down and that it was a two seater. They asked me "What is that"? I told them it was a roadster. They went inside, confered with their superiors and themselves and then decided that since it was a roadster it did not need to be weighted.

So even though it is a truck, it is a roadster to the DMV.

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everbody for the info..

Where is all the weight? Its mostly plastic? How to lighten? Maybe I should diet...lol..

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
FreddyKaye said:
Where is all the weight? Its mostly plastic? How to lighten? Maybe I should diet...lol..
The entire body is steel......:)

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
ECurtis said:
So even though it is a truck, it is a roadster to the DMV.

Your DMV is screwy. My wife works for the DMV in Texas, she tells me it depends on how the paper work comes from the dealership and the manufacturer. The year the make and the body style help to determine whther your vehicle is a truck or a passneger car. And now she says even though we could have the exact same info on our build sheet,. if the codes are marked different you can have a passenger vehicle, while I have the truck.

I am glad I do NOT work for the DMV.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Hahahahaha

Focks said:
Your DMV is screwy. My wife works for the DMV in Texas, she tells me it depends on how the paper work comes from the dealership and the manufacturer. The year the make and the body style help to determine whther your vehicle is a truck or a passneger car. And now she says even though we could have the exact same info on our build sheet,. if the codes are marked different you can have a passenger vehicle, while I have the truck.

I am glad I do NOT work for the DMV.

I'm glad you don't either......:glol :glol :glol :glol :seeya

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Mike in AZ said:

Regards

It's a whole lot more if you let my Ex-wife sit in it:eek ............................

1 - 17 of 17 Posts