Chevy SSR Forum banner

How useful was my MSRP post?

• I loved it and I am going to buy mine now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thanks you saved me money and time.

• So what anyone in CA can get a SSR for MSRP

• Yeah right I don't believe you.

• You suck you must work for a dealership (I promise I don't)

• Total voters
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D After a whole week of trying to buy a Fully Loaded YELLOW SSR in CA, I gave up. :confused

:angel I was flying to TX on business and thought maybe I can buy it there for less and have it shipped. Sure enough I did.

I called a few places but found this guy to be the best:

Ray Huffines Chevrolet
Internet Sales: Terome Reynolds
972-867-4000 x2268
1001 Coit Road
Plano, TX

In less than 10 mins I gave him my credit card for a 1K deposit and finally got my Yellow SSR. $500 more for shipping and I was done.

Now the trick how do I get it back to CA, well you need to know someone in TX who you can temporarily transfer your title to before you bring it into CA.

The car must have 7,500 miles before you register in CA. Don't get me wrong, you will see me at the CA SSR clubs next week, but the car is register to a relative in TX until I can get the miles on it in CA.

Fun Stuff... I hope this save other weary CA, WA, NV would be buyers from the :banghead HELL i went through.

If you care about $15K, don't pay over MSRP in CA for a Yellow SSR.

:cheers Cheers to all!

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Ole Terome, huh?

Well, I gave him a try, but he was a little slow getting back to me. So he missed the sale. He also never offered me a below MSRP price either. Maybe his miss on me helped you get yours done. S#!+ or get off the pot as the old saying goes. Glad you were able to save some $s, even if you did have to settle for Jello! lol Don:lol

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I spoke to Terome

He said you did not leave a message or call. Try him again he won't fail you buddy.

If not Friendly Chevrolet is also good they will sell at MSRP..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Texas was good

I live in Arkansas (wanted 7K over MSRP w 2000 miles)

I made a phone call to Vandergriff in Arlington, 3 minutes later bought mine for MSRP and no delivery charges. bought it for my wife (anniversary present - valentines day) while on a business trip and she drove it back.

Whole deal was done in about an hour after getting there.

Texas wants to sell em or so it seems

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Dallas dealers.

Huffines waited to contact me until I had already bought. Friendly wanted $2000 over and then agreed to come down to $1000 over. I bought mine for $1500 UNDER. Seems that the Dallas dealers will deal, but you must get after them, it seems. Don

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
don share the details for 1500 under

too late for me but please help these pour California souls that are getting rapped out here by these greedy non-dealing bastards.

I cannot believe you can sell aNY Chevy for $65k

Tell us who you bought from and share the last six of your VIN if you are for real.

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Real as rainwater!

Caught a small dealer who will only get one that owed me a favor and I did buy for $1500 under sticker! I pressed him for $2000 under - he said he did not owe me that LARGE of a favor! I did agree to keep it local for at least six months. Since then I have heard that some of the Dallas dealers will go under sticker on the 04s, but not on the 03s. Vin #105043 Redline Red:lol

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
SSRs for $1500 under MSRP!

If you contact me outside the forum, I will give you the contact info on the dealer in Dallas that will sell an 04 for $1500 under MSRP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts