Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hotrodgirl said:
Mine is as important to me as my 1st Grandchild is!
It's a kinda of love that brings joy, excitement and a smile to my face every moment I spend with it!
How nice! Has your grandchild been in it yet? Mine, whose only 3 yrs old, didn't want to get out, especially after I showed her how the top went down. I bought her the Cali Girls SSR in Blue...they were all out of the Yellow. She loves it. :thumbs :flag

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
FatherLarry said:
How nice! Has your grandchild been in it yet? Mine, whose only 3 yrs old, didn't want to get out, especially after I showed her how the top went down. I bought her the Cali Girls SSR in Blue...they were all out of the Yellow. She loves it. :thumbs :flag
Yes, mine has been in it several times and also loves the top. He will be two in Nov. He loves the tires and runs around touching each one. He has his first SSR, its' yellow and red and has buttons that he pushes to make sound of the SSR and makes it move. I'm waiting for them to come out with a child size SSR :ssr -why not they have a covette,hummer and etc. He'll have one when they do! After all that's what Grandma and Grandpa's are all about.

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
While I have no children of my own to relate how I feel about my truck, I think I can safely say, "Its just a truck". Yeah, its a hotrod, a sporster. Yeah I love the way it looks and drives, but in the end, its simply a fancy form of transportation.

Will I dote on it? Yes, I will a little, but it is not the focal point of my existence.

Sorry but after all the news coming out of New Orleans and parts there about, I feel the question should be "How do you feel?"

Ok, sorry to be a bummer this time out.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
It is my escape from the everyday problems of life!!! Yes I am obsessive about it, just ask my kids, ummmm??? oh yeah Jasmine, Nick and Evan...:lol
My SSR doesn't talk back, leave clothes all over the floor and always makes me smile. Yes it's that important.:angel

·
Registered
178 Posts
I agree with Focks. Love the ride love the handling and power. It's the collest thing on 4 wheels in my book and I have to ride something to work and back but I don't ever allow my possessions to possess me. At the end of it all it IS just a vehicle to me. It's only as important as it's usefulness which is transportation.

COZ :reddevil

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
wildcat66 said:
It is my escape from the everyday problems of life!!! Yes I am obsessive about it, just ask my kids, ummmm??? oh yeah Jasmine, Nick and Evan...:lol
My SSR doesn't talk back, leave clothes all over the floor and always makes me smile. Yes it's that important.:angel
Well said...life will always be full of horrors in the world, but we can't obsess about that either, but help out when we can. My wife and I work very hard, and we don't have many vices in life...we don't smoke, we don't drink, and I worked hard to build my business from the ground up to hand it down to my kids. I don't feel that I deserve anything special in life as far as material things..I could live with or without, but if I have it..I'll enjoy it and obsess..why not. It's not going to save any more Katrina victims for me to feel guilty. I see enough heartbreak everyday, in my quest to raise money for St Judes Hospital, and when I go to the hospitals and take these children who are victims of cancer, for a ride in my SSR, the joy on their faces, brings joy to my heart. :ssr :thumbs :flag

·
Premium Member
41 Posts
SSR Important ?

Wildcat
Songs were discussed in other threads.I always thought Glenn Campbell,s (I Love My Truck) sums up how we feel about our SSR or why we bought them.
You could get it from Lime Wire or where ever you download from. You might be to young to remember it.
Bud

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
To some its just another very very nice TRUCK . . . .

Focks said:
I think I can safely say, "Its just a truck". Yeah, its a hotrod, a sporster. Yeah I love the way it looks and drives, but in the end, its simply a fancy form of transportation.

Will I dote on it? Yes, I will a little, but it is not the focal point of my existence.

PRECISELY my situation.

I have an SSR because of a freak set of circumstances. I needed to replace my '01 Silverado (badly), I walked through the showroom where an "old" '04 was sitting this Feb 05, they took a ton of money off of it, and grossly over-allowed for my Silverado. (and my 25 year-old son was with me :rolleyes: )

My payment was $12 more than my old Silverado. I would have spent that much anyway ($34,000) on a new work truck.

The fact that it gets me where I want to go quickly, stylishly, and with excitement, hauls 500-600 pounds of ladder, tools, and materials, and doubles as my personal "car" is simply icing on the cake.

I can assure you that within 3 years it will be used up and severly "beaten to death" as all my other Chevy trucks (after all, that's their job).

My only disappointment, if any, is my SSR, with only 20k miles, has spent more time in the shop (8 days) than ALL MY OTHER CHEVY TRUCKS COMBINED! ! :cuss (and they still aren't through working on it).

And the GM bean counters are probably scratching their heads, wondering why GM has lost 10% of its market share in 10 years (a huge amount probably equal to more than the total annual sales of half the S & P 500 companies ! ! :rolleyes: )

I'll stop now. I've probably said too much for this site already.
Gary (WearyEagle)

·
Registered
132 Posts
of little importance

Health,family,friends, and people I don't know( New Orleans example), are more important. The vehicle , although exhibiting unique lines and design giving it a bold aggressive look, is still just a truck!!!

Mine offers me escape at times and a good feeling. I aften ask myself why a material object such as a vehicle makes me feel good. That to me is a good question!

The railroad pocket watch passed from my grandfather to my uncle and to me is much more important,

I can replace this truck with another clone at any time if needed.

But other things, I can't and won't be able to.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
The SSR is important to me as a hobby. But my family will always remain #1 :thumbs

1 - 14 of 14 Posts