Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not counting organised events, how many SSR's have you seen/passed at one time? Today after leaving the dealer with my new driveshaft, stopped at a red light, another Slingshot crossed in front of me, then a Red one came down the street in the other direction! Thought it was odd to have three SSR's so close to each other, I never see any when I am driving my Tahoe!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Most days I don't see any, but this Sunday I saw 4

I was on the freeway a couple of Sunday’s ago Driving from Orange County to Corona and drove beside a Smokin on the 91fwy. I exited the freeway at Green River and another Smokin was going through the light. I watched an Aqua make a left turn off of Ontario Ave onto Lincoln . I tried to speed up and catch them, but I missed the left turn light. One of the other Singshots flew by me in the opposite direction.

I thought maybe there was some event that I didn’t know about in town.

Joe Davis
StepPrinting.com

·
Registered
178 Posts
Step,

I'm sorry to inform you that you are under heavy surveillence by the SSR Squad. A full dossier is being kept on your every move. Continue your normal driving patterns and make no sudden turns and you should be just fine.

Act like nothing happened, and pray.

Coz :lol

·
Registered
407 Posts
Man I go crazy seeing one. I would love to see more and I am always looking for unknown SSR gatherings around every turn.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Another SSR spotted today . . . .

Saw a purple SSR today with either red or orange pin striping at the Boat Show in Long Beach cruising down Shoreline Drive around 2:30 pm. I was the idiot running and waving my arms wildly behind you ! ! :lol :lol :lol

Is this person a member? :confused

Gary (WearyEagle) :seeya

·
Registered
165 Posts
I only seem to see them when I'm in my FX-35....It kills me. I've seen a black one in Bridgewater, NJ and a red one with "SSR" personalized plates. I'll have to run it at work and track him down.SSSSSHHHHH.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Normally I don't see any but......

:thumbs Seven(7) -- Saw (4) of the Allstate 400 SSRs on a trailer, a red pulling a trailer, black one, and a yellow one, while driving from Pittsburgh to St. Louis on interstate 70, 3 Mondays ago.

W

·
0 Posts
I know they're around...

But I don't usually see any. The only time we saw one here was on the 4th of July. We talked to the guy, talked up the website and gave him our TX# -- but haven't been contacted. Maybe he just checked out the site and joined without talking to us-which would be great!

I know there are several in the surrounding area, but, from the scuttlebutt I have heard, they are mainly kept in their garages. (What a shame!)

wipurplechick
"If I must get wrinkles, please let them be laugh lines!"

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
Usually I see two, One lives across the street and the other lives about a quarter of a mile away. :seeya

·
Registered
487 Posts
Coz said:
Step,

I'm sorry to inform you that you are under heavy surveillence by the SSR Squad. A full dossier is being kept on your every move. Continue your normal driving patterns and make no sudden turns and you should be just fine.

Act like nothing happened, and pray.

Coz :lol
I knew it!!! They're everywhere!! Smokins....Redlines....Blurs...Slingshots.....behind me.....in front of me.....beside me.....gathering around me......Who’s got the Beer??
:cheers
:party

Joe Davis
StepPrinting.com

·
Premium Member
896 Posts
Rarely Seen

I go for months and never see any. Since I purchased mine in Sep 04, I have seen about 5 and San Antonio is a rather large city. Go figure.
Redrodder :ssr

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
:ssr :ssr on most days that don't belong to anyone I know...one lives up the street somewhere and usually run into one or more going to and from work...Brother Eric (ECurtis) thinks I am hallucinating but he doesn't get around town much :lol :lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts