Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edited to include answer(post #12 lists the more than 50 differences).

I posted these images from the Warner Robbins Rally, and it got a fair amount of discussion started.
These four red Rs just happened to be parked beside each other, all headed in the same direction.
After looking at it a few times I started counting the differences, there are many.
So I thought I would see who could count the most, or who would be in the top bunch anyway.

For a difference I think like this. If our trucks came with white sidewalls and one of the four had black sidewalls, that would be one difference, but actually two different vehicles, so I'm counting that as two. So, if we could see a black engine cover, a painted engine cover and no engine cover and another black engine cover, three differences not just one.

I've noticed over time, posters often point out things in the background of pictures posted here, so if you want to play, join in.

Just a reminder if one has flames and the others don't I count that as two.
1, flames
2, standard no flames
That might help get the count up. So when you find a difference you probably have a count of two or maybe even three.

I think, maybe at first just post the number you can count, so others getting started can have a chance to search for the greater number. Say I find ten and someone else finds 15, then I can go back and search for the other 5.
Be fair though, don't say I found 82 and cause someone to go blind staring at the screen.
If this gets any traction, I'll let it go a while, if nothing happens in a week, I'll post the ones I know of.

Edited to add, the trucks belong to:
Wolfpacker, Rockytop, SWT RYD and Firetruck

Attachments

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,563 Posts
I see 35 between the two pictures and cannot see parts of all 4 trucks so there may be more I do not see.

Reactions: HUAW

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see 35 between the two pictures and cannot see parts of all 4 trucks so there may be more I do not see.
Wow, that's good. I'll have to write mine down and count them up.
I'll post it later and put what number post it is in so we can see if I missed any. That way readers can drop to that post area to get the total and description.
Now, let me see if I have 35, I was in the 30's , 35 not sure.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@BlueStreak i found 35, but I bet we have some different ones. The first truck is mine, (I know where to look for some things on it) and the last one belongs to @Firetruck, it... well, it's different than mine.

I'll type mine up and paste it in a pm, interesting to see what I missed, and if you saw all of mine you must have hooked the computer to a TV monitor, I'll have to admit some are tiny or in the shadows.

Oh, does anyone know who owns the other two trucks?

·
Premium Member
6,463 Posts
@BlueStreak i found 35, but I bet we have some different ones. The first truck is mine, (I know where to look for some things on it) and the last one belongs to @Firetruck, it... well, it's different than mine.

I'll type mine up and paste it in a pm, interesting to see what I missed, and if you saw all of mine you must have hooked the computer to a TV monitor, I'll have to admit some are tiny or in the shadows.

Oh, does anyone know who owns the other two trucks?
Mine is next to Firetruck.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,563 Posts
And of course we are all depending on the scoring system being interpreted correctly by me.:eek

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,669 Posts
I'll give you guys a freebie you can't see in case some of you remember.....Firetruck is 5 lug!

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll give you guys a freebie you can't see in case some of you remember.....Firetruck is 5 lug!
Well, we would really need to see it for this activity and your wheels are out of site. I bet if we put the four of them together, under, inside, under hood etc., there would be 75 or more differences.
@Firetruck, just curious, are your fog lights yellow when turned off?

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,669 Posts
Well, we would really need to see it for this activity and your wheels are out of site. I bet if we put the four of them together, under, inside, under hood etc., there would be 75 or more differences.

@Firetruck, just curious, are your fog lights yellow when turned off?
Not to my knowledge

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Using each one of these as a different truck, you could have OVER 50 different trucks maybe a statistician could tell us how many total combinations we could get.
Oh and three of these have been ROTM-listing many more differences, so add in many more things we can't see.

chrome under third brake light
no chrome under brake light
chrome around exhaust-license plate area
no chrome there
black trim plate around backup lights
standard backup lights
black rear bowtie
gold rear bowtie
chrome rear SS
satin rear SS
double chrome vertical bar rear
horizontal chrome rear bar
standard no chrome bar
script instead of rear bowtie
maybe script, but not normal Ssr logo on back
regular SSR logo
rear spoiler
larger rear spoiler
no rear spoiler
larger exhaust tips
stock exhaust tips
flames
no flames
red smoothie spear in front
satin spear
chrome spear
chrome hood emblem
satin hood emblem
black letters in hood emblem
standard letters in hood emblem
red hood emblem/smoothie
red front bowtie
gold front bowtie
front fascia scoop
regular fascia
grille inserts
standard grille
pinstriping
no pinstriping
bowtie on wheels painted red
not red bowtie on wheels
chrome wheels
satin wheels
red brake calipers
standard- brake calipers
red wheel trim-rimblades
standard no wheel trim
BONUS and here are some tough ones LED strips under hood emblem
and no LED strips
and even more difficult-red chevy bowtie on rear side light
standard side light
red chevy bowtie on rear brake light
standard tail light cover
and red and black seat cover
ebony seats

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,563 Posts
I count 52 in your list and all of mine are included. I guess I did not spend enough time looking, or your list was built from first hand observation.
Great challenge and a lot of fun trying.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Just poking in for a thought, I did a quick count of small things on the exterior that at least one truck had different than the others, I came to a minimum of 20.
Given there are four trucks (20^4),
in the given pictures, there are a possible (low end) difference combinations right around...
160... thousand...
Have fun!

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I count 52 in your list and all of mine are included. I guess I did not spend enough time looking, or your list was built from first hand observation.
Great challenge and a lot of fun trying.
Also, you may not have counted a change as two, that slipped by me a few times.

I had some listed as bonus, they were on my truck and hard to notice in the pictures. I new where to look, but I think if pointed in the right direction they are visible.

It just shows how we all have different tastes....and budgets.:wink2:

Thanks for playing.

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just poking in for a thought, I did a quick count of small things on the exterior that at least one truck had different than the others, I came to a minimum of 20.
Given there are four trucks (20^4),
in the given pictures, there are a possible (low end) difference combinations right around...
160... thousand...
Have fun!
Wow!
The list of mods on the ROTM three trucks is very long. I bet we all have different mufflers and maybe tires.
I have a Walker Thrush MadHot muffler, pirelli 255/50/19 on the front and toyos on the rear. I know SWT RYD has all kinds of bling and Firetruck has a number of mods. If rockytop is closer to original, then there may be a million different trucks in those 4?

When buying an SSR, I guess it pays to know what you are shopping for, or getting extra.:laugh:

·
BLU SSR
3,538 Posts
There's some slingshot in my flames! I'm afraid it's slowing me down though!
WOW! Jared , you have stumbled on to a little known , super secret , built in factory safety feature for Red SSR's !!
When GM painted the first SSR in the only logical color (RED) , they found it was to fast to be released to the public without some form of speed limiter , so not wishing to include a complicated mechanism they used a hidden , simple , long proven method . By using a YELLOW PRIMER and formulating the RED to release it's adhesion at a safe but secret speed , the YELLOW would be exposed and automatically SLOW the truck!!! Sorry you had to discover this the hard way by adding some YELLOW on top of your RED , but there is still mostly Red showing so you can still out run everyone else except the ALL RED SSR's .. I shouldn't have let this secret out , but I thought you deserved an explanation for your performance reduction. :wink2: >:) >:) >:) >:) :ssr

1 - 20 of 20 Posts