Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Perfectionist
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of us had a pedal car? A little something to kill the boredom. Find your old picture and post! Here is mine, this is the winter of 1965. My dad worked at allis chalmers, building bulldozers. Hence the earth mover dump car! D

Attachments

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
Thankfully there are no pictures of mine as, it was a Ford Mustang. Sadly also it was a plastic body one. Probably around 1968 or 69 and my mom had a 67 Mustang at that time. I was a hot rodder back then and remember swapping the rear wheels and tires on it with a set of plastic slicks and mag wheels off a Big Wheel. I think I broke off the caps that held on the original skinny wheels and would put the Big Wheel tires on with nothing to keep them from coming off the axle. I would ride it down the sidewalk till the wheel would come off. Stick it back on and do it again. My dad would sit and watch me do this and just shake his head at me. Thanks for bringing back some good memories

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Never had one of those. My parents weren't big on autos. I had a tricycle at a young age that I used to terrorize the neighborhood. Eventually I moved up to a bicycle with training wheels. Once those training wheels came off, the world became my oyster!

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
1,545 Posts
Here's ours. Built for my daughter when she was one... Twenty one now. Volkswagen beetle, purple with pink flames (of course). Wide slicks on back, original wheels up front with casters underneath. It has a T-handle out the back for use as a stroller. Now rests on a shelf in the back of the garage waiting on Grand kids!

·
Premium Member
63,557 Posts
Here's ours. Built for my daughter when she was one... Twenty one now. Volkswagen beetle, purple with pink flames (of course). Wide slicks on back, original wheels up front with casters underneath. It has a T-handle out the back for use as a stroller. Now rests on a shelf in the back of the garage waiting on Grand kids!
View attachment 572829 View attachment 572830
View attachment 572829 View attachment 572830
that should be a firetruck...…..it almost looks like a SSR.....with the fenders

FIRETRUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
305 Posts
Had one, a red fire engine and also an “Irish Mail”sp? Some slime ball stole both, not long after the Greatest Grandpa ever, gave them to my sis and I.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
1,545 Posts
Had one, a red fire engine and also an “Irish Mail”sp? Some slime ball stole both, not long after the Greatest Grandpa ever, gave them to my sis and I.
Didn't want to come click "like" for this one. What's an Irish Mail sp though?

·
SSR Believer
893 Posts
Had one almost identical to @OLDFATGUY’s in green. Loved that car. Couldn’t wait to get home from school, jump in and tour the neighborhood.

Came home one day, looked and looked and looked but couldn’t find it anywhere. Told mom it was gone! She got a pained look on her face and admitted giving it away. :oops: I had grown and could barely get in it anymore, but dang! Eventually got a new Schwinn bike for Christmas so that eased the pain. 10 years later I bought my first car, a used ‘58 Chevy and mom swore she wouldn’t give it away. :p Wish I had both of those great cars today! ;)

Wish I had a photo to add too, but that was a nice trip down memory lane. (y)

·
Registered
559 Posts
I was never lucky enough to have a pedal car. I did have a Police tricycle with the box in back between the rear wheels. Don't know where it went as my parents weren't savers. If they thought you didn't need it, it was gone.

·
Premium Member
2,238 Posts
Older brother and I both had a fire chief car -- he broke his then stole mine, told mom and dad that I had broken mine! and that the good one was his :mad:
So I fixed his, OK so I made it functional after all I was only 5! -- hmm maybe that explains a lot about why we ended up where we are.

OH he is CEO of a large company!

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
1,545 Posts
Older brother and I both had a fire chief car -- he broke his then stole mine, told mom and dad that I had broken mine! and that the good one was his :mad:
So I fixed his, OK so I made it functional after all I was only 5! -- hmm maybe that explains a lot about why we ended up where we are.

OH he is CEO of a large company!
So he's still letting everyone else do all the work!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts