Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 31 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,618 Posts
Had one almost identical to @OLDFATGUY’s in green. Loved that car. Couldn’t wait to get home from school, jump in and tour the neighborhood.

Came home one day, looked and looked and looked but couldn’t find it anywhere. Told mom it was gone! She got a pained look on her face and admitted giving it away. :oops: I had grown and could barely get in it anymore, but dang! Eventually got a new Schwinn bike for Christmas so that eased the pain. 10 years later I bought my first car, a used ‘58 Chevy and mom swore she wouldn’t give it away. :p Wish I had both of those great cars today! ;)

Wish I had a photo to add too, but that was a nice trip down memory lane. (y)

never had a little car like these, but for sure I had a few Schwinn bikes. This one is like my last one.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
So he's still letting everyone else do all the work!
Maybe you misunderstood my comments. So to clarify myself and set the record straight.

Its too bad you never had a supervisor, boss, manager, chairman or whatever you want to call them that inspired and encouraged you to reach out and explore your talents to be the best you can be. Because deep down thats what he did for me and he has done for me ever since. He has done the same for all of his colleagues. That is why he was able to work his way up from salesman to regional sales director to plant manager to COO and now CEO of a privately held company.
He never looked down at me when i was a mechanic or grease monkey as some said, years ago. He always supported and encouraged me as any great leader would do.
I'm proud of him, as i know he is of me. I also know he doesn't judge other people based on their choice of careers, job title or income.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack the thread. I just had to clear something up.
Now back to our regular scheduled program.

·
Premium Member
1,618 Posts
That was a nice bike, any chance you still have it?
Nope, sold it when I was still a kid. Sure would be worth a lot more today. It was cool and as you may know or recall, the front fork head had a built in lock deal with the key in it and it would only come out when you turned the handlebars and locked it. That "optional" brown leather saddle cost a whopping $7 extra back in the day.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
From another forum I go to, they said it basically will give you an alert on your phone anytime someone responds to one of your posts. Or as one of the guys there said a way to have your phone blowing up all day and night.

21 - 31 of 30 Posts