Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Slydur said:
When I dropped my SSR off at the dealer and was talking to him about how the water gets in the groove of the rubber around the widow and leaks inside the truck, I told him I had not put any of the silicone on it that I have read about on here. He told me that they would just use Vasoline on all their vets and that seemed to keep if from drying out. I just nodded my head and :rolleyes: when he wasn't looking. But I had to tell you guys on here. And some of you wonder why we are reluctant to take our babies to your shops.

D

·
0 Posts
I've never used vaseline that way but I have put WD-40 on a rag and rubbed it around the top and bottom seals on the trunk lid of my Z06 Corvette so when I punched the open button it would open far enough to get my fingers under. Until then I had to slam the door with the windows up so air pressure would open the trunk. :lol

·
Registered
180 Posts
Never, I just sold my 98 Vette with 33000 Miles on it, it was always garaged and covered, I always applied some silicon grease to the seals. It was like new when I sold it last week.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As you can tell I did not belive this dealer..... LOL he told me to never put WD-40 on it. As if I would.... I was born at night but not last night.... My husband has a theory about people 10% have brains they use and 90% only have brains.

S

·
0 Posts
Nomadkenn said:
Never, I just sold my 98 Vette with 33000 Miles on it, it was always garaged and covered, I always applied some silicon grease to the seals. It was like new when I sold it last week.
My 98 Roadster (Indy Pace Car) is also for sale same miles, what did you get for it? Feel free to e-mail me at [email protected]

Rick Giles

1 - 9 of 9 Posts