Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:rolleyes:

OK, My wife and I took a totally round about trip to go to the Rally as we wanted to see old friends in No. West Iowa and also kids and grandkids in Omaha. Thus we went thru No. Carolina, West Virginia, Ohio, Indiana, and then Illinois and Iowa. Headed South, we went to see kids in Omaha and after that went to Missouri and on to Branson. Our return trip took us back up to St. Louis to see my wifes cousin and then starting back home toward Nashville and then on toward home in South East North Carolina (Sunset Beach).

Totally, we logged over 3380 miles...............on the way out, we saw one SSR in Mt Airy, N.C. at a dealership and one more in Cedar Rapids, Iowa at a gas station. After leaving Branson, we saw two more SSRs in Cookeville, Tenn..............one on a flat bed trailer and one driving by us in the opposite direction (both at almost the same exact time)......both were Yellow. Next day got caught in a dead stop traffic snarl on I-40 in Knoxsville, Tenn. and there was another Yellow one about 15 cars or so ahead of us that was caught in the same traffic glitch. Never saw another one the rest of the way back to the coast.o

So........... outside of 20 miles from Branson....(do not count caravans)..........how many SSRs did you count on your total trip. We managed to see a total of 5.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
we had an SSR pass us going home on I44. Probably at rally, was going fast

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
I didn't see any on the way there. And leaving I saw a group before Springfield but that was it for me. Not sure if they were outside of 20 miles or not. Oh then I saw another one in my driveway but I always see that one.

·
Registered
325 Posts
We saw three at the Holiday Inn in St. Louis, one with a Michigan tag on the way to Branson. Saw a red one with black flames at rest area on I-44. He was in the front with the cars; I was in back with the grown-up trucks. Because I missed the turn-off for cars. :giggle:

One on the way out, maybe on I0-44.

Total - 5.

And a cool customized '55 Chevy in Lexington, KY at our hotel on the way to Branson.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
We met a red one going north on I 29 on the way to Branson and a black one going south on the same road coming back.

We were a little under 500 miles each way.

Dave

·
Spirited driver!
983 Posts
Coming from California we saw one in Williams, AZ belonging to @None who was on his way to Branson. We are still on our way back and the only one we saw was a red one in OKC on Friday.

·
Premium Member
2,079 Posts
on the way we saw a Silver one in Mo. just over the Kentucky border on the way home we were behind a yellow one in Arkansas

·
Premium Member
677 Posts
~600mi to Branson only saw one Smoking Asphalt, plate was SSR4US, and it was <50mi from the Chateau.
~600mi home and only saw @Curbsssr. They caught up as we were stopped for about 45m due road closure just outside of Branson, and I was driving....

·
Proud Original Owner
17,480 Posts
We saw a nice redline at Motorheads in Springfield, IL on our way home Thursday. The SSR belongs to Dino,(OldFatGuy) who met us for a late lunch and showed us around the restaurant/bar/museum. We also got to meet the owner of Motorheads and heard about the ongoing & future plans for the place. The middle red SSR was ours and the black one was our travel buddy, Steve's.
We all had a great time there and the food is awesome good!
Int MHs.jpg
Motorheads.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:rolleyes:
I was curious as to how many sightings there would be once out of the Branson area. It is almost amazing how quickly specialty cars/trucks can just (disappear) and/or vanish like in thin air.

For several years, with our '39 Chevy streetrod, we attended the "Shades of the Past" Rod Run in Pigeon Forge, Tenn. It is a huge event with several hundred rods showing up.

But it became very typical, for us to leave from Raleigh, N.C. and/or Sunset Beach, N.C. and travel out there and only see maybe two street rods on the way out there and bingo............once you arrived, there were hundreds up and down both sides of the whole town from one end to the other. Come Sunday and everyone bails out of town and once you got a few miles away..........same deal, you might see one or two...........but that would be it, the others just disappeared in other directions..........:confused:

·
Premium Member
919 Posts
Zero and I went to Athens, AL for 06 Blue SSR Phil Cochran to work his magic, installing back plate rear main seal, output shaft seal on the 6 SP, ignition switch, alignment and upgraded to LT7 clutch. Never saw another SSR. 1100+ miles. WE remain rare, some of us more rare than others! HA! Bill

1 - 20 of 22 Posts