Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How many times a week do you put your top up or down and or both? :thumbs
Myself every day its down for the ride to work then up then down for the ride home, and it stays down for the cruzin around town, then it stays down for the ride to work the next day.
Just wondering? :seeya
Do A Wheelie!!

Gary & Susan Wright
Decatur, Illinois
04 Silver ssr
04 SLK 230
1941 Willys Coupe Race Car
http://members.aol.com/sc41willys/gwright.html

·
Registered
416 Posts
Gary & Susan:

Is that a silver SLK Special Edition? If so, that's such a coincidence ... we also have a silver SSR ('05 automatic 1SB) and a silver SLK Special Edition ('04 320).

We only drive the SSR once or twice a week, and always with the top down. (If it's raining, we take the Jeep.) I need to get an old sheet or something to throw over the passenger compartment, so I don't have to cycle the top up/down everytime I park it in the garage ...

·
Registered
110 Posts
goes to bed

with the top up and hopefully soon the driver's window in the right space between the rubber and the window! We tuck 'er in before we put the cover on...till next time. :cool

·
Registered
164 Posts
That top is down everytime I get in the truck as long as it is not raining. Its back up at night when I put her away for the evening. It is driven all most everyday.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Every Chance I Can...... :lol

RickSSR :cool

·
Registered
88 Posts
Every time people ask, "what is that?"

I show off the top at drive-throughs, stop lights, gas stations, parking lots - sometimes I have a continuous stream of folks walking up to see it at the gas station, and I put it up and down 2 or 3 times. (I am trying to get MORE sales for this vehicle). Luckily, I am one of the people who have never had roof problems.

Top up and down 2-3 times a day, avg 4 days a week

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Speaking of the Top Up & Down

I was driving back to my husbands business today after making a stop at Office Max for him. I noticed that a small green pickup truck was staying dead even with me for a mile or so.

When I looked over he was talking to me but I could not hear him as I always play the radio to loud. After turning down the music. He shouted "Hey my buddy is here from spain" as he pointed to his passenger. "Could you please pull over and show him how the top goes up and down"?

Being a little leery-because I was the only one in the car. I hesitated. He then asked again. So I pulled over and showed them how the top went up and down.

The gentlemen from Spain loved the SSR. He said he probably would never see another one and thanked me for stopping. The other gentleman also thanked me and said he see's me all the time and looks forward to it, you know I don't see to many of these around he said.

The moral of the story is- "What goes up must come Down "and another chapter in the Life and Times of hotrodgirls SSR Adventures"

I think we should start charging a small fee for the retractable top show-that way we could pay-off the SSR a little sooner. :lol

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Starts off, always down in the garage.

Only time it's up is bath time or if I have it out and it starts raining......(Oh yeah, or snowing!)

It my everyday car.............

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,830 Posts

Drop the top if a new passenger requests it, other wise it stays up for the looks of It.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Up, Down, Up, Down, Up, Down, Up, Down

Mine stays outside all the time. The top goes down everytime I drive...day or night and goes up, everytime I stop.

I left the top down when I went into the store....When I came out a nice family was lifting their kids in and out of the car.

Joe Davis
StepPrinting.com

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
The only time I put the top up is when I have to go into a store that I cannot see the parking lot from.
It has never seen the rain and lives in the garage ,top down. :thumbs

·
Registered
407 Posts
top goes up for bed and down again to start the day and stays that way unless it is raining or where i park makes me a bit leery.

man i hope i never see people lifting their kids in and out of my car. bad enough my own kids love jumping into it with heavy soles on their shoes.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Topless is in...

Topless every chance I get.. however, I hesitate to leave it topless parked for fear of the birds... yes, I have seen the Alfred Hitchcock movie... and I have see what deposits they have already left on the beast. Don't what that inside. Hotrodgirl... you are the best.. great story! :thumbs :thumbs

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Buffy said:
Starts off, always down

Only time it's up is bath time or if I have it out and it starts raining......(Oh yeah, or snowing!)

:reddevil Sorry Bufffy (well not really) but I couldn't resists :lol:lol:lol:lol :reddevil

I think Buffy answered the Ultimate Infinity Nosey Question. :lol :lol :jester

1 - 20 of 24 Posts