Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't see the very front of my SSR, and the wheel wells are pretty wide. My parking spot at the apartment is pretty narrow, with a piller on one side.

So I"m wondering, how many times did you run into stuff while getting used to the size of the SSR?

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
dougnc said:
I can't see the very front of my SSR, and the wheel wells are pretty wide. My parking spot at the apartment is pretty narrow, with a piller on one side.

So I"m wondering, how many times did you run into stuff while getting used to the size of the SSR?
So far - none. I hope to keep it that way ;)

·
Registered
601 Posts
dougnc said:

I know how you feel. My girlfriend ran into her fence in the backyard while trying to park the truck. At least we got the first ding out of the way.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hdflstf said:
So far - none. I hope to keep it that way ;)
Give me a break! If your picture is right, then you drive your SSR out in the middle of nowhere! There's nothing to hit within hundreds of miles, except your dog! :)

The northeast is a lot more crowded!

:lol

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
dougnc said:
Give me a break! If your picture is right, then you drive your SSR out in the middle of nowhere! There's nothing to hit within hundreds of miles, except your dog! :)

The northeast is a lot more crowded!

:lol
Middle of nowhere on that particular day.. Normally in southern california where it's a least as crowded as up east.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Since my daily driver is a Tahoe, I was used to the big size and just drove it just like I do the Tahoe. Hardest part is the right rear fender. One tiny sratch on that.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Drove a Z71 extended cab 4X4 before the SSR so I have been doing okay. Couple of weeks back I got too close to the curb on the right front and ripped about 4 inchs of the rim. Looks like a serrated edge knife on that part of the rim, luckly it's still holding air. :mad

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,596 Posts
Curbs are hard to see...

dougnc said:
... So I"m wondering, how many times did you run into stuff while getting used to the size of the SSR?
I am used to not seeing over the fenders since I have driven many a Vette... the hardest thing to do is try not to damage the plastic wind deflector under the front radiator when you are parking it over a concrete tire barrier or high curbs. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
371 Posts
I drove a Tahoe and an Avalanche so I am used to not being able to see.........BUT, I did have a problem with having the garage door partially open with my "Baby" backed up so the exhaust would vent outside, and then made the BIG mistake of opening the garage door all the way with the remote without looking!!! The foot assist at the bottom of the door, used for 'Manually' closing the door, caught the tailgate on the way up! Put a small ding in it mid way up, and scraped the paint off on the upper lip!! Luckily I had purchased a bottle of touch up and was able to fix the paint scrape, but the ding is still there! Talk about being sick!!!! I think I would rather have had 'An SSR"S Wife' lay across my hood for a photo!!!!!!!!

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,596 Posts
Ouch!

living2be said:
... I had purchased a bottle of touch up and was able to fix the paint scrape, but the ding is still there! Talk about being sick!!!! I think I would rather have had 'An SSR"S Wife' lay across my hood for a photo!!!!!!!!
One: You should find a qualified "Dentless" body man to remove your dent for you without body filler or fiberglass.

Two: I agree with you about having "AnSSRsWife" laying ontop of the hood! :thumbs
;)

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
"NOT LUCKY"

living2be said:
I drove a Tahoe and an Avalanche so I am used to not being able to see.........BUT, I did have a problem with having the garage door partially open with my "Baby" backed up so the exhaust would vent outside, and then made the BIG mistake of opening the garage door all the way with the remote without looking!!! The foot assist at the bottom of the door, used for 'Manually' closing the door, caught the tailgate on the way up! Put a small ding in it mid way up, and scraped the paint off on the upper lip!! Luckily I had purchased a bottle of touch up and was able to fix the paint scrape, but the ding is still there! Talk about being sick!!!! I think I would rather have had 'An SSR"S Wife' lay across my hood for a photo!!!!!!!!
Everybody ready this take note: so far everybody that has purchased touch-up paint in advance has suffered from a drop in heart rate( A DING OR SCRAPE). Don't jinks yourself leave the touch-up at the parts store!!!! :lol :lol :lol

·
Jeff & Terri
1,120 Posts
Dealed gave me a bottle of touch-up paint when I picked up her up. Knock on wood, I have not had to use it yet. ;)

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Nooooo!!!!

JeffDBFl said:
Dealed gave me a bottle of touch-up paint when I picked up her up. Knock on wood, I have not had to use it yet. ;)
Get rid of it this is your last and final warning!! :glol :glol :glol

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Hit them a bunch

I went from a PT Cruiser to the SSR - had a number of bumps on the wheels - after my run-in with the railroad tie - all four wheels were replaced. Not hits since then

·
I'm not cool...
2,096 Posts
boydcoddington smoothies

20x8 & 20x10, stock offsets. Goodyear Eagle HP Ultraplus's 255/35/20 front(virtually the same outside dimentions as stock) 295/40/20 rear(same as stock). the wheels very reasonable and the tires are about the same price as stock. check out my new thread "lets see your wheels" I posted more pics in there.
it's the deep dish that makes me drool :flag

·
Registered
579 Posts
Nothing

Haven't run into anything but that is more a function of being very, very, careful and having practice parking the Prowler (which does look better than the SSR I'sm sorry to say-Don't Hate Me). When driving or parking the Prowler you can not see the front bumpers or anything in the rear (unless the top is down). So you have to learn where everything is spacially. I think this transfered over to the SSR.

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr

·
I'm not cool...
2,096 Posts
everyone is intitled to there opinion

ECurtis said:
...parking the Prowler (which does look better than the SSR I'sm sorry to say-Don't Hate Me)...

:seeya E :seeya

Orange SSR :ssr
even if they're a little touched in the head :lol
jus' josh'n :flag

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts