Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have knowledge of how many ssr's were sold in the United States? Just looking at the last numbers on E-bay for a reference and it appears there are between 22,000 to 23,000 made. Just wondering how many were sold here in the States and do the other countries use a different numbering sequence. Also to break it down a little more how many of each year were sold in the states versus other counties. Thanks

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,650 Posts
ssrmeniac said:
Does anyone have knowledge of how many ssr's were sold in the United States? .... do the other countries use a different numbering sequence. ... Also to break it down a little more how many of each year were sold in the states versus other counties. Thanks
I would say that some of the SSRs that were sold outside the US and Canada were probably bought first in North America and then shipped over. It might be difficult to find out how many where actually sold outside the US at GM dealers vs those that were bought here and then shipped over. Perhaps there is a way to find out but I would have to ask someone in January about that for you.

To answer your sequencing question; sequencing is done at the factory. The SSR is the only GM production vehicle that was allowed to maintain a continuous sequence from year to year. Which makes the SSR a very unique vehicle indeed.

·
Premium Member
2006 Aqua Blur 22578
1,436 Posts
ssrmeniac said:
Does anyone have knowledge of how many ssr's were sold in the United States? Just looking at the last numbers on E-bay for a reference and it appears there are between 22,000 to 23,000 made. Just wondering how many were sold here in the States and do the other countries use a different numbering sequence. Also to break it down a little more how many of each year were sold in the states versus other counties. Thanks
I'm pretty much in the middle of that number. Mine is 22578 and was built 10/20/05 (thanks to the great people on this site that got that info for me!)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. Maybe some day the results will be out. Just thought it would be interesting. Maybe some of our Canadian friends can elaborate what they know or what a Canadian dealer or two knows.. Merry Xmas to all

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,650 Posts
Feed back from Bob Walczyk

Bob Walczyk said:
Marc,

I have just compiled the counts of SSR's by model years, and the various rpo penetrations as well. I will provide you with an 'official' copy after the first of the year.

I saw there was a posting looking for the US number. The VINS are the same for US or Canada, but their is a Canadian RPO that will drive the Canadian content (owners manuals, speedometer different DRL etc..)

The detail I will provide will indicate how many SSR's had specific options and colors by model year. It won't correlate combinations, but I think it will go a long way to showing owners how rare their ride is.

Merry Christmas

Bob Walczyk
I just heard from Bob, so I thought I would share his comments with you. It is great to know that Bob still listens to us and without doubt continues to read a lot of our member’s comments here on our great site. :)

Bob has been very supportive to all of us and I want to thank him for all his great efforts over this past year. He helped us spear-head the first ever Homecoming Day activities along with hosting a special SSR Group Tour at the GM Heritage Center. He has helped me with many issues and supplied me with a lot of details and certainly tons of extra information. Once again... I want to say Thank You to Bob!

BTW: I would like to also thank many of our SSRfanatic members who have given Bob W. and Chevrolet your continous feed back and ideas over the course of what now appears to be a very short life-cycle for our remarkable SSRs.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,830 Posts
Yessssssssss

This is interesting stuff. Now this can confirm or kill some guess work.
I also want to thank Bob and wish him well. He was very easy to talk to, at the home coming. I hope they give Bob the Nomad as his next project.

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Bob Walczyk

Bob has been very supportive to all of us and I want to thank him for all his great efforts over this past year. He helped us spear-head the first ever Homecoming Day activities along with hosting a special SSR Group Tour of the GM Heritage Center. He has helped me with many issues and supplied me with a lot of details and certainly tons of extra information. Once again... I want to say Thank You to Bob
:agree It's super nice to know that we have someone willing to always go that extra mile for us. Bob is just that Man!!!

I'd like to take this time to wish Bob Walczyk and extra special Merry Christmas & Happy New Year. Thank You for all your support!!!

·
Premium Member
9,382 Posts
And may the Nomad be a Caprice framed, Corvette engined, 6 speed Magnum eater - not the Ecotec 2.2 built on the Solstice frame.

The GM guys who pushed the high performance Nomad originally and got turned down must be really gnashing teeth over the success of the Magnum.

Ray

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
THANKS, BOB FOR EVERYTHING...MOST OF ALL THANKS GM FOR BUILDING THE SSR:ssr

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
REBEL said:
I also want to thank Bob and wish him well. He was very easy to talk to, at the home coming. I hope they give Bob the Nomad as his next project.
It would be nice if GM would make an Nomad SSR Style

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
REBEL said:
It would be nice if GM would make an Nomad SSR Style Then Bob could have BEST OF TWO WORLDS

·
Jeff & Terri
1,120 Posts
woohoo said:
THANKS, BOB FOR EVERYTHING...MOST OF ALL THANKS GM FOR BUILDING THE SSR:ssr
:agree :agree Could not agree more with this statement.:thumbs :thumbs

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
NOMAD: Produce a Nomad like I saw at Int. Nat. Auto Show in Detroit couple years ago. That's part of GM's problem, they wet our appetite with beautiful "gotta have" vehicles and then when the show is over, they go back to a warehouse someplace. I fell in love with the "gotta have" SSR and now have a 05 Aqua Blue under cover in my garage. Forgot to mention the EVOQ. This became the XLR and priced out of this world!!!!!!! So I'll be looking again this year.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,650 Posts
Canadian content?

ssrmeniac said:
Thanks for the replies. Maybe some day the results will be out. Just thought it would be interesting. Maybe some of our Canadian friends can elaborate what they know or what a Canadian dealer or two knows.. Merry Xmas to all
I was going through some of my backup files and I came accross this image. It was taken by me inside of Scott Doran's 03 SSR on the way to the Homecoming in Lansing, Michigan last summer.

I saw something in this photo so I enlarged it and low and behold there was this warning label. Interesting I never noticed this before ... perhaps Ed "Rebel" or some of our other Canadian friends might have seen this on their SSRs too.

Attachments

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,830 Posts

Peeled and stuck in may document book along with other labels and tags …. It’s one of our two official languages, the one that I can’t read or speak. The rumour I got was 50 SSR units for 2005 Canadian export.

·
Premium Member
624 Posts
Canadian Sales of SSRs

REBEL said:
Peeled and stuck in may document book along with other labels and tags …. It’s one of our two official languages, the one that I can’t read or speak. The rumour I got was 50 SSR units for 2005 Canadian export.
Better late than never, I have received sales figures for SSR in Canada over the past years from my contact at GM Canada. You’ll be really surprised!

Model Year 2003 – 161

Model Year 2004 – 361

Model Year 2005 - 83

Well below the typical product sales ratio of about 1:10 which holds true for most GM models. So they REALLY screwed up here……

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,830 Posts

Thanks Parothead97… I will post this with the VIN # list. If your source was at the homecoming, that’s where I heard 50 units approved for Canadian gauges. I might of misunderstood him, Perhaps 50 for my06 was the plan.

*****In the Canadian SSR’s the beer holders are very similar to the U.S. SSR’s cup holders.

·
Premium Member
9,382 Posts
It would be interesting to find out how many US SSRs made it into Canada. Based on contacts made over the last 3 years, I'm guessing at 15 - 20.

I don't think a lot of 06s have made it to dealerships - virtually nothing visible in B.C. showrooms so far. One dealer in the area has 7 Corvettes in the showroom, and no interest in ordering an SSR.

If only 600 have made it into the country so far, it would be roughly the equivalent of only 6000 in the US. Not bad.

Parothed - let us know when final production numbers for 06 are out.

Ray

1 - 20 of 30 Posts