Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
High Plains Roadster
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This should be easy for someone on this forum.

(a) How many SSR's were built in total during production? This would not count the prototypes.

(b) Approximately how many are still alive and well and on the road? Naturally, an estimate.

These are questions I am often asked.

KJA

·
Premium Member
3,357 Posts
Go to Red Banner at the top, pointer on "FORUMS', then pointer on "The Heritage Center", move to the right to "SSR Production History (2003-2006)" thread, but---don't stop there, read ALL of them!!!! Interesting and lots of Information.

Nick

·
High Plains Roadster
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sure, the total number produced is not hard to answer.

But the number surviving say, today, is not so easy.

80% sounds like a reasonable answer but who knows?

Thanks!

·
BAD BOW TIE
8,419 Posts
Sure, the total number produced is not hard to answer.

But the number surviving say, today, is not so easy.

80% sounds like a reasonable answer but who knows?

Thanks!
CASH on this forum would probably have a good guess. He keeps track of all VIN numbers of the dead ones.

·
Registered
271 Posts
There were 24,180 produced, as everyone agrees. This includes the 2006 FPR's and the final 2006 in GM's collection, as well as the 25 2003 UV Signature Series.

To my knowledge, (from Cash's database) there are roughly 780 that have been wrecked/ parted/ non rebuildable.
This would bring the total to around 23,400.

There are garage queens that are no longer on the road, but as for anything more, there are still almost 9,000 of our sheep that have been lost in the world and have yet to turn up.

There is no telling how many of those 9,000 are garage queens, wrecked or overseas, or potentially still on the road, because we just haven't found them yet.

It's not more than 23,500, guaranteed.

·
BAD BOW TIE
8,419 Posts
There were 24,180 produced, as everyone agrees. This includes the 2006 FPR's and the final 2006 in GM's collection, as well as the 25 2003 UV Signature Series.

To my knowledge, (from Cash's database) there are roughly 780 that have been wrecked/ parted/ non rebuildable.
This would bring the total to around 23,400.

There are garage queens that are no longer on the road, but as for anything more, there are still almost 9,000 of our sheep that have been lost in the world and have yet to turn up.

There is no telling how many of those 9,000 are garage queens, wrecked or overseas, or potentially still on the road, because we just haven't found them yet.

It's not more than 23,500, guaranteed.

He said he gets asked a lot about this. When people ask me I tell them it is approximate and they are happy with that answer. Most people are not looking for an exact number I don't think. I tell them there was only about 24,000 built over the 4 year span and some have been wrecked so there is probably about 23,000 something available and some of those are over seas.
They seem happy with that answer. Most end up saying they have never seen one in person before.

·
High Plains Roadster
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am glad to see that the estimated number of SSRs lost to "whatever" is relatively low!

My SSR is definitely NOT a garage queen but I can understand the temptation to make it so.

KJA

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
8 Participants
WyoSilver
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing