Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how much the hard bags in the bed cost to purchase or how much they are worth? Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Hard bags could be as low as $250 pr and as high as $500 pr, depending if all mounting hardware is included and if they are both in good condition.
As a side note, I see you have a low mile :purple: '04, the last 4 #'s of the VIN wouldn't happen to be 3637 would they ?

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
They sell for a variety of pricing points, originally the softbags sold for around $38, but I have seen them sold for $135.
Supply and demand.

Meanwhile a small, minor check......
http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f4/free-hard-bags-228337/
:frown2:

Geeeez, Until seeing them mentioned here the last week or so, I was unaware that there was such a thing as "hard" bags for an SSR. Sounds like the way to go to me.

Can't believe how much time I have put into 1/4" aluminum channels, velcro and then more velcro (of course, then super glue as velcro strips peel loose from lid. Lid warpage is a major problem on my set. I've also "clipped" off the three buckle/strap deals as they were also a major pain to hook/unhook. So I slapped velcro on the back of each of the 3 buckles, now it looks "stock", but if you have or use 3 hands at once, you can peel the buckles loose and open the lid.:crying:

·
Registered
80 Posts
I have a set of hard bags that I took out of my SSR. They have never been used. PM me if interested. I am about an hour outside Dallas.

Yellowtoy

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
I have a set of hard bags that I took out of my SSR. They have never been used. PM me if interested. I am about an hour outside Dallas.

Yellowtoy
Me too, but I kept mine to sell at a later date. they take up too much room back there and I use a collapsable container to hold stuff in place. Those hard bags are a PITA :)

Reactions: CruDawg
1 - 8 of 8 Posts