Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused Some of you have bought running boards after the fact. I went to the dealer and they wanted over $800 for each running board. GM parts direct has em for $629.30 but I don't know if that is the "each" price or the cost of the set of running boards. 12K-13K for a set of running boards seems pretty steep to me. How much did you guys pay?

·
Registered
181 Posts
The $629.30 is true Dealer cost for the PAIR of running boards(part #12499191). Chevrolet Parts shows some outrageous List price of $1,227.14. I think most dealers I've talked to will sell them to you in the $800 to $850 range. When I e-mailed GMPartsDirect they quoted me $the $629.30 plus $125.86 handling and shipping for a total of $755.16 but they weren't in stock at that time but expecting them in mid-Jan. The pricing of one(single) running board isn't realistic nor the norm. Hope this helps. Pls. read the info. I posted on the "running board" thread about how easy it is to install them.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:cheers Thanks, I thought those prices were a bit absurd. I may try some aftermarket running boards. There are quite a few around that would work just fine and cost a few bucks less.

·
Registered
705 Posts
the SSR boards go so well with the wheels on my red SSR that I have to advise you against an after market product. Just find a dealer that will sell it to you for $800 installed and you're set.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts