Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you pull the original in dash cup holder out? I’ve found a lot of conversations regarding the faceplate but not the whole thing. I bought one of the Audi ones from Amazon and it doesn’t seem to have any means of mounting other than possibly a friction fit unless I am missing seeing something. I’ve tried pulling on the original but only succeeded in pulling the guts out and leaving the frame still in place. I don’t want to try pulling it out with pliers before asking if anyone knows the right way first. Thanks, Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
The Cup & Coin Holders are held in place by 4 plastic tabs.
The tabs are horizontal on the top and bottom of the opening in each corner.
The tabs are about 1/4 inch wide and about 3/4 inches deep.
There is a tool for removing the holders, But you can use a thin 6 inch metal ruler to depress the tabs.
You will need 4 rulers or similar type devices.
The devices should be inserted 1 inch maximum.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got it out ok. Thanks for the help. The new one isn’t exactly the same though. It fits a bit loose and the front plate is narrower and sticks out a little but that makes it easy to push in. Steve in TX

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Daily Driver
8,940 Posts
I’ve also got that tool...makes life simple. If someone needs it for a week I would loan it. All it cost is postage and a commitment to return it.

Dane
How about posting some measurements?

·
Premium Member
2005 aqua blurr
1,501 Posts
I changed my coin tray out to the Audi cup holder and then I popped the front off of the coin tray and put it on the cup holder works perfect. That tool makes it really easy to pull the cup holder

1 - 10 of 10 Posts