• Absolutely pathetic.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My SSR has about 800 miles on it now. At least half are highway miles and there has not been a lot of idling. Hardly any a/c usage yet. I am setting on 14.5 for the whole 800 miles. Noticed where one board member drove an 1100 mile trip and got about 16. Any others care to share? Don

·
Registered
468 Posts
I've had the opportunity to monitor the average MPG pretty closely, and I get 17mpg average city and highway. I actually get close to 20 straight highway mileage - that's resetting the average at the toll gate and cruising (cruise control) at 75MPH. Of course, the minute I get off the tollway and into regular traffic that average quickly disappears.

Does MPG matter to me? In the SSR, nope.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
MPG

Lots of people asked me about the mileage but honestly I could care less. My hubby and men in general seem to want this info more than women. I just want to go go go!
happy cruisin'

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Gas Mileage

I've got almost 3700 miles on mine and I have not reset the average since I picked it up. The first month or so was about half freeway and half city and the average got up to 17.4 mpg. For the last month and a half it's been more city than highway and it's dropped to 16.7. But whatever it gets I can't seem to stay home. I'm still looking for excuses to go cruising and if I can't find an excuse I just go anyway.

R

·
0 Posts
Recently drove my 500 mile Yellow SSR to Florida for Bikeweek, pulling a trailer with motorcycle in it, for a weeks worth of motorcycle riding. I was happy to get as high as 15.5 MPG pulling a trailer at 70 mph! Not bad for 300 horses, but think my aerodynamic trailer helped.

Yellow SSR
Yellow 03 Vette Conv.
Yellow Prowler (and purple 97)
Blue 02 Tbird and a few more goodies

·
Registered
98 Posts
Who cares??

I had the instant fuel economy on the other day for a ride and got the best thrills when it hit 4 MPG. HA HA
I just can't drive conservatively.
Enjoy.
Mike

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hey Mike,

I was on the Taconic yesterday and I know what you mean. Pedal down!

I'm keepin' a lookout for you.....

Rick:cheers

·
Registered
137 Posts
I use mine as a daily driver. I do 120 highway miles round trip every day. I am averaging 17-18 miles to the gallon. On the other hand I am getting 30-40 smiles per mile. :) Perfect trade in my book

R

·
0 Posts
I like your new "smiles per mile" rating. How true. Wish I had coined it. Enjoy!

·
Registered
413 Posts
2000 miles on mine varied from 15.4 to 16.2 all town driving 6 mile one way to work

·
Registered
705 Posts
that's right, I pay $50k on a useless but entertaining toy, then sit around and track gas mileage... The difference between 12 mpg and 20 mpg is (350 miles a week at $2/gal) is $1300. I'll file it under entertainment expense....

·
Registered
222 Posts
Who cares!!!

U go out n buy an expensive toy n u complain bout the gas mileage???? C'mon....get real. It's not a economy car.

I'm thrilled that I'm gettin 9.2mpg around town. Of course I'm keepin my foot in'er as much as possible. LOV THE SOUND!!! LOV GETTIN PINNED IN THE SEAT!!! Life is GOOD!!!

But as stated b4, I'm gettin 20-30 "smiles per gallon" n lovin it.

Jus enjoy it.

:cool

·
Registered
34 Posts
Guys are naturally going to keep the petal to the metal, I just can't believe how much my wife loves to do the same thing! I'm seeing a wild side to her I never knew she had!:lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts