Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for anyone with a contact or experience using either HPT or TC to correct the speedometer on 4.56 rear axle.

My dyno tuner can't figure out how to correct for the change. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
When I changed my gearing from 3.73 to 4.11 I went a couple of months before getting the tune changed to accommodate the differences in gearing. I used a speedometer app on my phone and found a 10% difference between what the SSR speedo was reading and what the app indicated. 10% is also the difference between 3.73 and 4.11. The difference between 3.73 and 4.56 is 22%. Not knowing how those programs compensate for the differences I’m just wondering if adjusting some other constant by 22% would work. If that’s of no use to your tuner then perhaps a call Joe DeLano at Left Coast 32 is in order. Joe is very adept at the nuances of the HP Tuners product and a friend of the SSR community.

·
Registered
449 Posts
The only tuner I found capable of correcting my 05 6 speed with 456 gears
Was Brian Herter at PCMs for less. I mailed them my pcm and it came back spot on.

·
Premium Member
2,660 Posts
Thanks, I will.have my guy reach out to Joe.
Joe, can't do the correction as HP Tuners doesn't have the capability. You need someone that uses LS2 Edit software.
I bumped a thread about gear changes that has the needed info in it.

·
HP Tuners seem to have improved 4.56 gear adjustments.

Joe, can't do the correction as HP Tuners doesn't have the capability. You need someone that uses LS2 Edit software.
I bumped a thread about gear changes that has the needed info in it.
I think HP Tuners has made some improvements in the last few years. After I installed my Gear Vendors and went up a size on the rear tires, I made a few minor tweaks to the Speedo settings. In the past that was not possible with HP Tuners, (and 4.56 gears) but this time it worked. That update was in 2015.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts