Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This list is for those that will be participating in the HRPT June 3 -June 9, 2006.
If your are going to join in the tour at one point or another please send me a PM and I'll update the list.
What I need is:
Handle:---------------------your fanatic name

Name: ----------------------your real name

Home State:---------------to forward to registration @ familyevents

Address:-------------------to forward to registration @ familyevents

Color of SSR:--------------nough said

Plate:------------------------so we know which SSR is yours

Where you'll join in: ----- what city

Moblie phone:--------- -----to contact each other on the tour

Email address:--------------to send you the final list before we leave for the tour.

I will post just your handle on this site to keep it simple.

Participating

FUZZY
Vettegirl
ssr71
JeffDBFL
Purple Penelope
Big Jim
Big Daddy
Wildcat69
Marty
mcvett2
RaticalSSR
Dittonzssr
hibeams
Nosepicker
Focks
bgetz
DetTweety
cfdavis? need more info
Ken'sSSR? Need more info
Digital? need more info
Roadster Jim? need more info

Let's get together and have some fun.

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Hrpt

FUZZY sent you a PM

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Hope to catch you guys in Englishtown

Jim

·
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like we have..

at least 11 of us starting in Kissimmee, and probably 7-8 of us for the long haul.:party

There will be between 5 and 10 that will join in somewhere along the way.:cool

This aught to be fun.

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Hrpt

:ssr :party :ssr :party :ssr :party :) :glol :cool

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
Received confirmation for the Tour. Long Haul here we come.

FUZZY......include me in your list of hotel reservations.

P/P

Peace:flag

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Need to bump this to find out what the latest update is for hotels. Fuzzy?

·
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hotels

Ok ya'll

I've got calls out to every city and have heard back from 4 of them. Two hotels have sent me papaerwork to sign and return and two others were sold out. I'm still looking for replacement hotels in those cities

I will recall the other cities again today to confirm they recieved my message and find out if they have enough rooms for us.

I'm working on it, just not getting much help from the hotels.

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
I know you Fuzzy.. you will take care of us. let me know if there is something i can do to help besides buy you a beer at each hotel. :D

·
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hotel update.....

Have paper work on the way from 6 out of the 7 cities. Still waiting for a call back from Roanoke, VA.

All are Hampton inn or affliiates except Englishtown, NJ which was sold out, so I chose Holiday inn express.

As soon as I get something from Roanoke I'll email all invovled with check in instructions.

Hoping to have all paper work taken care of by days end.

Boy this is exhausting trying to paint cars, fabricate, install suspensions, and waitng for calls from hotels.

·
Premium Member
31,272 Posts
Recon missions...

Once all the sleeping arrangements have been made, have we given thought to any special activities we'd in which like to participate in along the way?

:party

·
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wife and I have talked about it. She started looking for restaraunts and other things along the way.

·
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Finally got Roanoke

For all of you that needed hotel rooms, I finally got enough rooms in one hotel in Roanoke (SALEM) to accommadate us. One hotel said they had enough rooms, but never called back (even after repeated messages for him to return my calls) nor sent a contract. So I checked other hotels and found one or two rooms at various hotels and finally came across one that had enough for all of us.

You all should have received a list of the hotels for each city and numbers to call in to reserve your room under our group. They are gauranteed till later this month unless you call in and confirm your reservation on your cards. Then it's set.

Let me know if you didn't receive a list and I'll resend one for you.

Got the best rates I could with the number of people in each city. It's not full price, but it's not basement pricing either.

Looking forward to seeing you all on the tour.

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
If I make it stateside in time I'll just see you guys in Englishtown. Maybe you all can come up the highway a bit and we can have a few brews at my favorite watering hole. Be a blast to see a bunch of SSR's in that places parking lot.

·
Premium Member
31,272 Posts
What to do, what to do...

I've got all of my critical hotel reservations done. (Harrisburg and Englishtown left to do, but I have family within reasonable distance of both).

Anyway, being familiar with the area, I should be able to come up with some ideas of what we can do on the run between H'burg and Englishtown. For starters, only 10-15 minutes away from the hotel Fuzzy got us is Hershey Park. Some of us are already familiar with Chocolate World. :rolleyes: There is also a classic car museum in Hershey (have never been there either).

Do we want to keep things car-related or is the sky the limit? I know of a few historical sites you could visit (you can hardly throw a stone in PA without hitting something :glol ). Some people over at the Hot Rod forums mentioned detouring through Gettysburg on the way up to Harrisburg from Roanoke.

There's plenty there for everybody. Should we start a new HRPT events thread to cover all of the proposed activities?

·
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm in for a little detour.

Anyone else familiar with other areas that we'lll be traveling through?

·
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Get your reservations made

All the hotels are booked and contracts sent. I've emailed everyone on the list that requested rooms, so hopefully ya'll got your list.

If not let me know and I'll email another one to you.

The rooms are guaranteed until May 4th or 6th depending on the hotel, so please call in your reservation to the hotels this next week. It is set up as a block of rooms and each person(s) will call in under our group to confirm their own reservation for a room. Some of you have already called in as I did yesterday, so we're ready to go.

Let's have some fun this year.

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
The only hotel i have had trouble with is the first one in Kissimmee, Fl. The person at the desk didn't know of any special groups. And the person to talk to was either not there or has never gotten back to me.

Glad you bumped this, I had forgetten to get back to them.

Talking to them again in Kissimmee, this morning, and they must be just slow there. I had to explain to them 3 times about the concept that you had 10 rooms blocked off and we were calling to change the credit card on one of "those" rooms. they almost booked me a seperate room. Duih :banghead

Got it cleared up and I am good to go!

·
5,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Checking with reservations

I emailed the hotels we'll be staying at for the Power Tour to supply me with a listing of the people registered at each hotel.

So far WE HAVE FAR LESS PEOPLE REGISTERED THAN HAD REQUESTED A ROOM.

You only have until MAY 3rd to call in for your reservation or they'll release it to first come first served.

Please get your reservations called in. If you need a hotel listing with phone numbers let me know I'll send you one.

I'll be emailing those that aren't registered as of April 27 to remind them to call in soon.

The leg work is done you just have to call and confirm your room with your card.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts