Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
gmpartsdirect.com (NO WARRANTY)

FYI

gmpartsdirect.com Will not warranty any Gm parts or accessories they sell you.
I purchased a set of the soft side bags from them about a month ago. One of the mounting straps has broken, I sent them a photo of the broken part and offered to mail it to them, but they said that I had to go to a local GM Dealer, and they will cover the warranty. Some how I don't think a local Dealer is going to want to warranty a replacement part for an accessory whish was purchased from GMPartsDirect.com.

I think that if they are going to sell you GM parts ans accessories they should cover the GM warranty just like any other GM parts Dealer.

This is their policy:

GMPartsDirect.com does not manufacturer any of the products sold on this site. All products sold are warranted by the original manufacturer. Except for such original manufacturer warranties, GMPARTSDIRECT.COM DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTIBILITY AND WARRANTIES OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. GMPartsDirect. com will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this site or products obtained or ordered from this site, including but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential damages.

Rich

·
OP
8,226 Posts
not my case

Funny, I received a damaged part in my cargo cover wall mount and they sent DHL to pick up the defective part today and once received are sending me a replacement.
I'll let you know if they actually do.

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,146 Posts
ampmop said:
Funny, I received a damaged part in my cargo cover wall mount and they sent DHL to pick up the defective part today and once received are sending me a replacement.
I'll let you know if they actually do.
The difference there is that the part was damaged either in shipping or prior to shipping. That would not be a warranty issue. If the part failed after you installed it the situation would be a warranty issue.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
beer100 said:
That policy is one of the factors that allows them to charge lower prices.
They are selling to the public at trade prices, when a GM Dealer sells to the trade they still cover the warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts