Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to take the oem caps off put them away. Read thru many threads on repops. Many listed on e bay. Any one have any input on the different vendors and the quality,Wheel concepts,Rattle snake,Hubcapkingdom Oewheels. One member posted having to grind an area on the backside to clear. I would rather not due that. Has any one carried on using Floyd's caps maybe Mike in Arizona.
Are there any of the bow tie emblems available.

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Chrome or satin?

I have purchased aftermarket chrome and satin. The chrome I purchased where smooth and I purchase some chevy red vinyl lettering. I like that look as it is similar to the old OEM.

The satin ones had the raised bow tie. I used these to paint to match my Smokin' Asphalt wheels. I put a vinyl overlay on them that had ssR on them. The black

I had to trim both. I just used a file, but I think a dremil would work. Use your original for a pattern.

Dave

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
2,016 Posts
I purchased satin ones on Ebay last year. the only issue I had was the paint did not match the wheels. I had to repaint them with Ultra Silver Met. But, they pop on and off like the OEM and fit very well. They even have the valve stem logo on the back to clock them correctly.

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,071 Posts
I also purchased the smooth chrome. Had to trim, removed steel ring while training to make trial and trim easier.
I purchased the gold domed overlays from QWKSSR, made for satin wheels a little smaller but not noticeable. Hardest part was creating a centering template.

Also purchased the gold bowties for side marker lights

Attachments

·
Bad is Good
301 Posts
I also purchased the smooth chrome. Had to trim, removed steel ring while training to make trial and trim easier.
I purchased the gold domed overlays from QWKSSR, made for satin wheels a little smaller but not noticeable. Hardest part was creating a centering template.

Also purchased the gold bowties for side marker lights
Which vendor?

·
Bad is Good
301 Posts
I purchased satin ones on Ebay last year. the only issue I had was the paint did not match the wheels. I had to repaint them with Ultra Silver Met. But, they pop on and off like the OEM and fit very well. They even have the valve stem logo on the back to clock them correctly.
Which vendor for the satin ones

·
Bad is Good
301 Posts
Chrome or satin?

I have purchased aftermarket chrome and satin. The chrome I purchased where smooth and I purchase some chevy red vinyl lettering. I like that look as it is similar to the old OEM.

The satin ones had the raised bow tie. I used these to paint to match my Smokin' Asphalt wheels. I put a vinyl overlay on them that had ssR on them. The black

I had to trim both. I just used a file, but I think a dremil would work. Use your original for a pattern.

Dave
Which vendor for the satin

·
Premium Member
04 SSR
3,071 Posts
Bennybad
Sorry, I can't find a record of which vendor. Knowing me I looked at lowest cost with shipping and purchased a set of four.

·
Bad is Good
301 Posts
Bennybad
Sorry, I can't find a record of which vendor. Knowing me I looked at lowest cost with shipping and purchased a set of four.
thanks Autoprof
rattlesnake wheels seems to have the cheapest complete set.
want to experiment some

thanks
bennyb

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Replacement Caps

Yes I would like to make sure I don't loose them to the road or the thieves. Just

getting ready to put some new Contis on figured while I had them off I would

switch them out ,I don't think anyone other than another ssr owner will notice

the difference. Anyone remember were they ordered a chrome set from?? It looks

like all the vendors are probably getting them from the same Chinese source or

are there more than one supplier.

·
Premium Member
4,755 Posts
Hello all
Picked up my chrome no bowtie center caps on Ebay, HUBCAPKINGDOM $65, they fit perfect no trimming no problems.

·
Daily Driver
8,958 Posts
Is there a particular reason you want to do this, TJB?

Afraid of the OEMs coming off (which is fixable), maybe theft or am I missing something . . . as usual?
Because having the OEM caps will bring a buck three eighty more at Barratt Jackson in 53 years, or sitting at a light you can yell at the car in the next lane, "I've got the OEM caps at home". :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
Kind of sad we are taking off the OEM and replacing them with after market. I did it too. One of my OEM ones broke the tabs so I opted for the chrome with Chevrolet emblem. Not the raised emblem type but a decal. Works for me but I am considering placing the OEMs back on. Getting to the point where we are thinking twice about keeping OEM parts on the vehicle as we might break or lose them.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts