Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Ralph and Ruth
2004 SSR
903 Posts
Sad

This is indeed, sad. We visited this museum several years ago. It has Hudsons, Essex and Terraplanes dating from the first ones made up to their last years as a company including the "Doc" Hudson used at the premier of "Cars". This replica was built on a NASCAR truck series platform. Hudsons from their glory years of racing back through limos to the first years are in the collection. Sad to see this collection be broken up.

·
Daily Driver
8,958 Posts
OMG, buy me this... or the '53 pickup, or the '37 Terraplane panel, or the... :redface:

Attachments

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,333 Posts
There are some really neat cars there. I would go for the fire truck and the original Hudson Hornet if I had won the lottery.

·
Premium Member
7,343 Posts
Hey Butch, I know this comes under the heading of who cares, but I saw my first "Stock Car Race" in 1952 age 12, at the Illinois State Fairgrounds 1 Mile Dirt Track and ... it was won by a Hudson Hornet. Even at that age I was an avid Chevrolet die hard fan and one poor old guy entered driving a 1952 Chevrolet 2 Door Hardtop inline 6 and I even think it was a Power Glide. Dark Green bottom and a Beige top and it seemed he got lapped 20 times by those Hudson Hornets and Oldsmobile 88's. I'll never forget it ... 66 years ago this September. tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Premium Member
6,487 Posts
Hey Butch, I know this comes under the heading of who cares, but I saw my first "Stock Car Race" in 1952 age 12, at the Illinois State Fairgrounds 1 Mile Dirt Track and ... it was won by a Hudson Hornet. Even at that age I was an avid Chevrolet die hard fan and one poor old guy entered driving a 1952 Chevrolet 2 Door Hardtop inline 6 and I even think it was a Power Glide. Dark Green bottom and a Beige top and it seemed he got lapped 20 times by those Hudson Hornets and Oldsmobile 88's. I'll never forget it ... 66 years ago this September. tennesseecozydog

·
Premium Member
7,343 Posts
I thought when you were 12 they were still racing chariots.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: but we did have a horse & buggy for Driver Ed and I wore a Leather Helmet my Freshman Year in Football. Got the hard shell Riddell helmets, (in '54) but just for the Varsity players!!! :grin2: :grin2: :grin2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts