Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All you Florida members. Myself and a few other SSR Members are in the path of Hurricane Michael. For all who are PLEASE heed the warnings and do what you have to do. I pray for your safety and that you will weather this storm un- harmed.

Here at my farm we are being told to expect 35 to 45 knott winds with wind gusts to 60. Our big threat will be Tornados spun off by the hurricane as it passes Kay and I to the west of us.

We are praying for everybody. Stay Safe Stay out of harms way. God's blessing upon all of you.

Layne12gun

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
Everybody left Warner Robins right on time...we are almost dead in the path and predicted to be somewhere between a Hurricane Level 1 or Tropical Storm when it gets here (Wednesday Night/Thursday Morning).

Not the storm we are worried about, it's tornadoes that come from the storm and all the large trees surrounding our house. :surprise:

We'll be fine, Tina has our interior most closet packed with food, water, bedding and a few other things (just in case).
:wink2:

Ooooops...I too just noticed this was a Florida-centric post. My bad.
But we did make it through Michael with no problems.

·
Premium Member
7,342 Posts
Run Dicktator run. Run Ed in Fl run. Run Dean and Beverly run. Anybody else? Oh yeah, run Forest run.
I don't think Dick & Ed are in Michael's destructive path ... maybe just some rain, hopefully. It's the Florida Panhandle and Georgia that seem to be fixin' to take a hit.

80 something here in the Music City area today then ... 65 & 66 for Thursday, Friday & Saturday, what a relief !!! 73 and "sticky" this morning when I walked. tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt
47,235 Posts
Prayers for everyone in Michael's path, stay safe !!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
Well, I pretty much missed Florence, which was horrible in NC, but just moderate wind and showers in the mountains. But right now I have a farm pond overflowing at each corner. It has a pretty large watershed and more is going in than can escape by the drain.
There is no erosion yet, the grass is holding it, the overflows are wide and slow. Looks like it was properly engineered.
Hopefully it will hold, but if not, it could empty, the lowest part is the backside of the dam.
It also holds 400 feet of pipe that is used for the geothermal heating and cooling of the house.
I just got back from doing whatever I could to divert runoff. Now to just wait and see if I need to start clearing freezer space for fish.

Edited to note:
(oops, I just noticed this was in the Florida forum, I hope you FL and GA guys made it okay. I usually just hit "active topics" and see what is being discussed, and didn't see which forum this was.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well the hurricane missed us . But if you go 17 miles West of our location the damage starts. Chris and i made it through the storm so we are safe, Anybody know any other members who maybe in the storms path ? Let us know if we can help them out.

Layne12gun

1 - 14 of 14 Posts