Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
SSR Den Mother
3,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alyse Bradley, Wife, Sells Husband On Craigslist

"Easy to maintain, just feed and water every 3-5 hours," reads an ad on Craiglist's "Free Stuff" section. But this isn't your typical "for sale" post -- this Logan, Utah woman is offering up her video-game-playing husband. "He enjoys eating and playing video games all day," she writes.

Alyse Bradley posted the ad as a joke, offering her 22-year-old husband, Kyle Bradley, to the highest bidder, The Salt Lake Tribune reported. After the video game Modern Warfare 3 was released on November 8th, Kyle had a hard time tearing himself away. He recently returned home to Utah from Aghanistan after he sustained a back injury, and told ABC 4 News that gaming is one way that he stays connected to his military friends.

After 48 straight hours of gaming, Alyse had an idea. "I didn't see him much at all," Alyse told the Logan Herald. "So one day I told him: 'I am going to post you on Craigslist, you know.' My mother-in-law said: 'Do it!'" And so, she did.

Although Alyse's ad may not be as ridiculous as some other ads that made it to Craiglist's "Best Of" list (remember the studio Igloo for rent or the company seeking a smart person?), it still got a wave of responses. Some people emailed out of serious concern for the couple's marriage, while others made some serious offers -- including a blue bag of Skittles. Some men even offered their replacement services:

"I've had a couple personal ads for men saying, oh I'm housebroke, I'm trained, I'll trade him places," Alyse told ABC 4 News.

However, at the end of the day, Alyse doesn't seem to really want to trade Kyle in, or even have that much of an issue with Modern Warfare 3, which Kyle says that his wife encouraged him to purchase in the first place. "I love my wife," he told The Salt Lake Tribune, "She supported me when I got the game ... It's just funny."

I can't make a comment:shutup:

·
Premium Member
9,268 Posts
She can't be bought with chocolate, but she can be appeased.....:reddevil
What do you need to inject into the chocolate for appeasement to happen???

Just curious..........................:)

It doesn't work on the grandkids. They go into afterburner mode with chocolate intake.

·
Premium Member
15,490 Posts
What do you need to inject into the chocolate for appeasement to happen???

Just curious..........................:)

It doesn't work on the grandkids. They go into afterburner mode with chocolate intake.
A Dairy Queen Georgia Mud Fudge Blizzard with two shots of chocolate works wonderfully - chocolate and ice cream. :)

As far as the grandkids, well, duh....it's like throwing gas on a fire :glol:glol:glol

·
Premium Member
1,955 Posts
On the other hand...there's this for the girls....:smash

A store that sells husbands has just opened in New York City, where a woman may go to choose a husband. Among the instructions at the entrance is a description on how the store operates. You may visit the store ONLY ONCE!

There are six floors and the attributes of the men increase as the shopper ascends the flights. There is, however, a catch…………….you may choose any man from a particular floor, or you may choose to go up a floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building!

So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband.

On the first floor the sign on the door reads:

Floor 1 – These men have jobs and love the Lord.

The second floor sign reads:

Floor 2 – These men have jobs, love the Lord, and love kids.

The third floor sign reads:

Floor 3 – These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, and are
extremely good looking.

“Wow,” she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going.

She goes to the fourth floor and sign reads:

Floor 4 – These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, are drop-
dead good looking and help with the housework.

“Oh, mercy me!” she exclaims, “I can hardly stand it!”
Still, she goes to the fifth floor and sign reads:

Floor 5 – These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, are drop-
dead gorgeous, help with the housework, and have a strong romantic
streak.

She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor and the
sign reads:

Floor 6 – You are visitor 4,363,012 to this floor. There are no men on
this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are
impossible to please.

Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store. Watch your step as you exit the building, and have a nice day!

·
Premium Member
15,490 Posts
On the other hand...there's this for the girls....:smash

A store that sells husbands has just opened in New York City, where a woman may go to choose a husband. Among the instructions at the entrance is a description on how the store operates. You may visit the store ONLY ONCE!

There are six floors and the attributes of the men increase as the shopper ascends the flights. There is, however, a catch…………….you may choose any man from a particular floor, or you may choose to go up a floor, but you cannot go back down except to exit the building!

So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband.

On the first floor the sign on the door reads:

Floor 1 – These men have jobs and love the Lord.

The second floor sign reads:

Floor 2 – These men have jobs, love the Lord, and love kids.

The third floor sign reads:

Floor 3 – These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, and are
extremely good looking.

“Wow,” she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going.

She goes to the fourth floor and sign reads:

Floor 4 – These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, are drop-
dead good looking and help with the housework.

“Oh, mercy me!” she exclaims, “I can hardly stand it!”
Still, she goes to the fifth floor and sign reads:

Floor 5 – These men have jobs, love the Lord, love kids, are drop-
dead gorgeous, help with the housework, and have a strong romantic
streak.

She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the sixth floor and the
sign reads:

Floor 6 – You are visitor 4,363,012 to this floor. There are no men on
this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are
impossible to please.

Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store. Watch your step as you exit the building, and have a nice day!
Wow I'm glad you posted this and not me.....I couldn't buy enough chocolate and ice cream (with shots of chocolate) to survive it :glol:glol:glol

·
Premium Member
67,067 Posts
hey Doug......How much did Thumper get for you.......Well that"s is too much:glol:glol:glol:glol

free shipping???????:glol:glol:glol:glol

·
it's 5 o'clock somewhere!
16,289 Posts
A Dairy Queen Georgia Mud Fudge Blizzard with two shots of chocolate works wonderfully - chocolate and ice cream. :)

As far as the grandkids, well, duh....it's like throwing gas on a fire :glol:glol:glol
are you guys members of the Blizzard Fan Club? We get lots of free Georgia Mud Fudge blizzards :willy:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts