Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
RetroCarGuy530
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
In this Chevy SSR tech tip video, I show you how to perform the HVAC blend door calibration procedure. You will need to perform this procedure if you've replaced a blend door actuator.

For info like this tech tip, you can also check out the Dick Bellville (@Dicktator) SSR How Tech Library: http://bit.ly/dicktator-ssrhowto

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,328 Posts
Nice video, but not entirely correct. Calibration is required after a actuator is replaced, but not necessary if power is removed.

If you remove power to the system, the mode, temp and air distribution blend doors will self calibrate when power is restored.

·
RetroCarGuy530
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice video, nut not entirely correct. Calibration is required after a actuator is replaced, but not necessary if power is removed.

If you remove power to the system, the air conditioning, temp and air distribution blend doors will self calibrate when power is restored.
That's why I said "may" after the power has been removed for an extended period of time.

My first 2003 SSR appeared to perform the self calibration after having its battery reconnected (it sat on the dealership lot for a long time). It did not get it "correct". It required a manual calibration of the HVAC blend doors to correct the lack of heat in the cab unless you put the mode selection to full blast defrost. At that time, I didn't know the HVAC calibration procedure which required a visit to the dealership to correct the problem.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,328 Posts
In this Chevy SSR tech tip video, I show you how to perform the HVAC blend door calibration procedure. You will need to perform this procedure if you've replaced a blend door actuator.
That's why I said "may" after the power has been removed for an extended period of time.........

Yes, I understand you said "may" in the video, but you state "will need to" in your post text. Both the video and text never mention that the power removal, if left for a period of time to let the residual power deplete, should recalibrate the actuators.

I am just trying to inform the people that cruse this forum looking for information of the proper operation. There is an automatic calibration cycle that should happen with power restoration and a manual calibration that you can use if that fails or if you do not want to remove power and reset the system.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,819 Posts
Good Video! As Mike aka Dragon2U said, It "should" calibrate automatically, but it may not.

We installed a NEW A/C Control and could not figure out why it was not working correctly, we didn't disconnect battery, then we discovered you have to Calibrate Manually to make A/C Controls program to ECM. Worked fine.

So, they are times that a Recalibration, even if not needed, is easy to do to ensure it is calibrated to ECM.

Dicktator

1 - 5 of 5 Posts