Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know someone looking for the hydraulic line that lift the top, his has a leak and local
dealers can't order it, any ideas?

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,959 Posts
The fittings are proprietary to GM and similar hoses are used in Pontiacs (G6 I think). The trick is to get the dealer to compare the lengths and find one of similar, but greater length for the one that is leaking. The excess can be handled but short won't work. Good luck because all of the hoses used on the top are different lengths.

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Another supplier

Had a 2003 SSR and made a hose from the Hose Source. They used the original fittings and installed new hose. Cut same size but hose was a little stiffer in 26 months they haven't called me about failure :right: so it must work.
I do remember a little harder to adapt fittings and install in vehicle. Trouble is that you would have to remove hoses to compair fittings and hose.

Robert

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,091 Posts
BD,
Bluestreak and ICBlue are on target. If the hose cannot be repaired using a metal insert as a splice, here is some info that was posted by a GM dealer not long ago:

---------------
Hi! I'm new here. I like this forum, on topic, helpful and respectful. Very nice. I don't own a SSR, but I have some info I would like to share.

I work in the parts department of a Chevrolet dealership. One of our customers needed a 88987594 hydraulic hose for his 2004 SSR. This part is on intergalactic back order. I think it is soon to be changed to discontinued status like most of the other folding top hoses. I read as many postings here and elsewhere as I could find looking for guidance to finding a solution. Most common idea was to use a local hydraulic shop to replace the hose. Our local hydraulic shop couldn't find this type of hose and crimps. Strike one. I tried a local convertible top shop. Again no luck they didn't have a source for this type of hose. Strike two. At the suggestion of the local convertible top shop I tried a shop in California. Strike three. Back to the drawing board.

I found that three other GM vehicles used this type of hose. 2004-09 Cadillac XLR, 2006-09 Pontiac G6 and 2005-11 Corvette. All share the same parts kit for o-rings and retaining clips. The Corvette being a current vehicle was the best choice for parts availability. The hose for the left bow cylinder appears to be the longest one. It is part number 89023781. As luck would have it this hose is about 10" longer than the 88987594 for the SSR. The hoses do not come preformed, they are shipped coiled up. The extra length can be used up with some creative routing.

The replacement hoses were sourced out of the Netherlands. The replacement and OEM hoses were imprinted with “Cooper-Standard (D)-Tecalan AF2.0”. Part number 88987594 hoses are 97” and 99” long. Part number 89023781 (from the Corvette) hoses are 107” and 109” long. Other hoses from the Corvette, XLR and G6 should work in the same manner. The trick will be determining the length of the hoses to get the closest fit possible.

I hope this helps.
----------------------

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts