Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As stated in previous posts, the correct part # for the fluid is 89022748 from Chevrolet and # 3032356 from Saab. Did some research and found out that Saab sells the same container for a lot less. Although it is listed on GM Parts Direct for a lower price, your local Saab parts department sells it for $35 plus tax, nearly the same as GM Parts Direct minus the shipping. And it is the same size container, 500 mil. The local Chevrolet parts departments want almost $60 for the same item. So I went to the Saab dealer who had it in stock and purchased 1 container to have on hand. Also the part # has changed for Saab, it is no longer
3032356, it is now # 93165227. It comes in a GM container, has a GM part # and is made in Germany. Just wanted to pass this info along to the forum.........Tom

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Roadster said:
As stated in previous posts, the correct part # for the fluid is 89022748 from Chevrolet and # 3032356 from Saab. Did some research and found out that Saab sells the same container for a lot less. Although it is listed on GM Parts Direct for a lower price, your local Saab parts department sells it for $35 plus tax, nearly the same as GM Parts Direct minus the shipping. And it is the same size container, 500 mil. The local Chevrolet parts departments want almost $60 for the same item. So I went to the Saab dealer who had it in stock and purchased 1 container to have on hand. Also the part # has changed for Saab, it is no longer
3032356, it is now # 93165227. It comes in a GM container, has a GM part # and is made in Germany. Just wanted to pass this info along to the forum.........Tom
GM 89022748 and Saab 93165227 parts guys quoted EXACT same retail price of $68 and change in Canada. Funny thing is the GM dealer said none available in all of Western Canada. Saab had stock :rolleyes:

Frank

·
OP
8,268 Posts
frankmp said:
GM 89022748 and Saab 93165227 parts guys quoted EXACT same retail price of $68 and change in Canada. Funny thing is the GM dealer said none available in all of Western Canada. Saab had stock :rolleyes:

Frank
That's canadian dollars...translates into $0.78...American:)

·
Premium Member
9,498 Posts
Not any more - we're catching up to you.

From a low ratio of .62 in 2001, we've climbed all the way to .85, and still getting better. :thumbs

Great situation for imports into Canada, a bit tough on exporters with fixed costs.

Ray

·
OP
8,268 Posts
Flassh said:
Not any more - we're catching up to you.

From a low ratio of .62 in 2001, we've climbed all the way to .85, and still getting better. :thumbs

Great situation for imports into Canada, a bit tough on exporters with fixed costs.

Ray
Well Crap, I'm going there next month...and I only planned on taking $5 American, guess I'll make it $10.

Take it easy, ay!

·
Premium Member
9,498 Posts
Hey, Frank

Had ours in Edmonton in July - lived there for 15 years or so, so checked out a lot of our old stomping grounds.

Brought our SSR up from North Carolina in May 04. GM Canada can really play hardball on warranty on new vehicles coming north. I wrote, faxed, emailed, sent registered letters regarding the price discrepancy on new SSRs, but got nowhere, except to have my local dealer get a letter from GM saying they would block warranty on new vehicles.

I waited until mine was 6 months old, and had 7500 miles (12000 km) - then in qualifies as a used vehicle, with no warranty issues.

The GM zone service rep checked mine out pretty closely before authorizing warranty.

With pricing where it is on used in the US, that's probably the way to go to get the best pricing.

Ray

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.