Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents and Ladies, thank you all for all of the information. Honestly, like one person said, it's scaring me. Well l'm there. My top just quit working the other day. From the posts, I can see that I need to start with checking the fluid level...at least to start. Then probably have to rebuild the cylinders. Everything posted is great...but exactly where is the reservoir and what has to done to get to it? Can anyone help? Great forum. Don

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
It is in the roof storage compartment down low. There is a cover that goes over the pump but you should see the tank on the drivers side of the pump.

·
BLU SSR
3,161 Posts
Does anything happen when you attempt to operate the roof? does the roof compartment lid open?
I will be in ST. LOUIS tomorrow and maybe if I offer to buy him a meal we can get StLhotrod to meet us and take a look.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
  1. Thanks for the thought unfortunately I won't be available tomorrow. Maybe Thursday. I will post again tomorrow evening. Still getting used to this site.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry, I didn't respond to the entire question. Nothing happens as far as movement. The windows roll down then everything stops. The light comes on saying it has timed out. From what I've read on the forum. Either the fluid is low or empty and/or one or more of the cylinders is bad. I can't get to the compartment you're referring to or just don't know how. Thanks

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
If you can't get it working by the weekend let me know. I am working Saturday but might have time Sunday to see if I can help you with it.

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
If you have someone who can help you to just lift up on the lid on the roof compartment, see if it will open by just lifting up on it. Mine did this and I had my daughter help me. Once we lifted it up then pushed the button and it went ahead and opened from there.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,379 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
Is the weather cold? Around freezing? My o4 SSR top will not move & times out when it is around freezing. So? Keep your top up.
Gents and Ladies, thank you all for all of the information. Honestly, like one person said, it's scaring me. Well l'm there. My top just quit working the other day. From the posts, I can see that I need to start with checking the fluid level...at least to start. Then probably have to rebuild the cylinders. Everything posted is great...but exactly where is the reservoir and what has to done to get to it? Can anyone help? Great forum. Don

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
  1. Thanks too all that responded. This is a great car family as stated above. Also the best group of helpful people. Because of what was posted; I think I will be able to get the top down and either put in fluid or look to find if there is a cylinder leak. I will also try to get the ambient temperature up to see if that helps because I haven't had a problem before. Thanks again especially for the pictures, visuals always help tremendously. Also sorry about the slow post, I'm still trying to work my way around the site.:)

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
My 04 is slow to try and open when it has been below freezing. Usually the first time I go to open it for the spring I have to lift the roof compartment lid by hand then it works fine after that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was showing the purple off...not driving around with the top down in freezing weather. :giggle::giggle:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts