Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I’ve owned my SSR for 13 years, has 46,000 miles on it , never a daily driver garage kept. Only issue is top hydraulic cylinder has leak. Black /black. First time posting forgive any mistakes in post�� $19500.

Attachments

·
SSR Pit Crew
2,227 Posts
I know this may sound stupid, putting money in a car that you want to sell, but that leaking cylinder issue will be an issue for a lot of people that would be considering the purchase. Granted, it's an expensive and time consuming repair to do it right but you otherwise might be end up taking a bath on it. Just my opinion.

Dave

·
RED SLED
441 Posts
Hey Dave, roughly, what’s the cost and time involved to repair that?

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,638 Posts
I know this may sound stupid, putting money in a car that you want to sell, but that leaking cylinder issue will be an issue for a lot of people that would be considering the purchase. Granted, it's an expensive and time consuming repair to do it right but you otherwise might be end up taking a bath on it. Just my opinion.

Dave
The cost of repairs would have to be deducted from the selling price in my thoughts. So an offer would be considerably lower than what he is asking. And by the way, what year makes a value difference.

·
MY05SSR
2005 Aqua Blur, 6 speed
684 Posts
I’ve owned my SSR for 13 years, has 46,000 miles on it , never a daily driver garage kept. Only issue is top hydraulic cylinder has leak. Black /black. First time posting forgive any mistakes in post�� $19500.
What year is it and where is it located at. Fixing top is not cheap!

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,638 Posts
Hey Dave, roughly, what’s the cost and time involved to repair that?
I think one of the guys said it is about $1200.00 to repair the cylinders if you do all the removal and install yourself. Not an easy job. Requires help and someone that did it before also helps lots.

·
Super Moderator
14,094 Posts
It is a MY2004 :black:

It is a 1SB - Satin Wheels (96P) - Boards (Painted black) - no gauges (ERG)
No idea if it has carpeted bed (ERK)

·
Registered
207 Posts
It is a MY2004 :black:

It is a 1SB - Satin Wheels (96P) - Boards (Painted black) - no gauges (ERG)
No idea if it has carpeted bed (ERK)
I'm curious & apologize for my ignorance but what's the big deal on gauges? I personally see it as aesthetics that I'm glad are not on mind. Seems worthless & I rather do without.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts