Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching Iron Resurrection the other night and they put a blue stripe on the tires on a blue Corvette. I am thinking of add a black stripe to my tires to match the body color. Do you think it will look right or be too much?
Jack

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
You need to contact Bill at DiamondBack tires. I have had several tires custom made. Absolutely impeccable work.

www.dbtires.com

I love the old redline and blueline tire look...I have had red, blue, and white stripes added to various tires by Diamondback Tires over the years; they will add anything you want to any tire you wish:

·
Slingshot Rules!
65,633 Posts
I was watching Iron Resurrection the other night and they put a blue stripe on the tires on a blue Corvette. I am thinking of add a black stripe to my tires to match the body color. Do you think it will look right or be too much?
Jack

Hmmmmmmm, Jack . . . might be a little too "SHOCKING" for me.

Possibly adding Black Wheels would help "tone things down" a little.

! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: !

·
Premium Member
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I decided to pull the trigger and do it. Picture 1. is before. Picture 2 is the template installed. Maybe Dicktator will do a powerpoint of the procedure. Picture 3&4 are putting stripe on. Picture 5 is the finished tire. What do you think, Too much?

Jack
DSCN1546[1].JPG
DSCN1542[1].JPG
DSCN1543[1].JPG
DSCN1544[1].JPG
DSCN1545[1].JPG

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
39,908 Posts
Well I decided to pull the trigger and do it. Picture 1. is before. Picture 2 is the template installed. Maybe Dicktator will do a powerpoint of the procedure. Picture 3&4 are putting stripe on. Picture 5 is the finished tire. What do you think, Too much?

Jack
I like it I'm going to do mine on Monday !!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the great idea .

·
Premium Member
650 Posts
I have seen a few of those rim guards. All that I see setting still have never stayed round with the rim. All have "moved" and look egg shaped or oblong looking. I for one won't spend the bucks on them. I have see tire paint done and it does look good and you can change color combos pretty easy. I don't know how long they last though.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,144 Posts
Warning for owners of CHROME stock rims...RIMBLADES do not stick on them (even if correctly prepped) for a "permanent" look. They only stick on for a temporary look.

P.S. --Don't ask me how I know!! - :cry:

Attachments

·
BAD BOW TIE
9,698 Posts
Well I was thinking of doing the black tire stripe thing a few weeks ago just to be different. Now that someone has already done it and done it well it is off my list and I will have to think of some other custom ideas.

·
Spirited driver!
1,153 Posts
Well I was thinking of doing the black tire stripe thing a few weeks ago just to be different. Now that someone has already done it and done it well it is off my list and I will have to think of some other custom ideas.
Maybe you could go with the black pinstripes in the seats for a similar effect?

·
Spirited driver!
1,153 Posts
Warning for owners of CHROME stock rims...RIMBLADES do not stick on them (even if correctly prepped) for a "permanent" look. They only stick on for a temporary look.

P.S. --Don't ask me how I know!! - :cry:
I recall someone at the GA rally that had the rimblades come partially off and beat the heck out of his fender. Not pretty.

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
847 Posts
@jackatg450 as usual, you are my inspiration and you have a beautiful truck.

My Continentals had red, green and yellow stripes that we had to burn off.

Subsequently I decided the black stripes would be too bold for me, so I chose to do black lettering.
7D9334F7-4C5F-4DBF-997A-0F8A5D2E4EC1.jpeg

This is going to take me a while. One letter down, 119 more to go.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts