Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my new carbonfiber driveshaft yesterday. My tink is definitly gone,and my shifting seems just a little smoother through the shift knob. True test will be a nice little drive to Savana next week. See you there.

Jim

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
topjimmy: Several of us I'm sure would be REALLY interested in how well this carbon fiber driveshaft performs for you, and in particular, its noise level!

Please let us know!

Also, do you still have (while the purchase and shipping are still fresh in your mind, the WEIGHT of the carbon fiber shaft?

Jim G

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts

I have just become the newest member of the "TING CLUB" @ 2974 miles :lol

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,100 Posts
You did well Rebel.

Try to get the newest (3rd part number) dirveshaft version now being provided under warranty by Chevrolet. I think a search under "driveshaft" will probably locate it.

If Chevy replaces enough of them, maybe they will start replacing with a carbon fiber one.

Don't laught. Carbon fiber shafts are standard equipment on a number of both domestic and foreign vehicles being sold here in the U.S. The manufactuerer's cost is not on the same planet as what WE pay aftermarket for a carbon fiber shaft.

Jim G

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry to here that Rebel. I will give come feedback after some use. My tink was from day one. The 6 speed is even worse with all the on off power. Drove me nuts.

Jim G I did not weigh it before I installed it.But when I pull it out again I will let you know. The little I have driven has not produced any new or diffrent sounds.

My best Jim

·
Yes, I have an ATTITUDE !
1,678 Posts
Yea, I got the TINK

Took my baby in for her first oil change at the dealership and will see what they do about her "tinking" . :confused

1 - 8 of 8 Posts