Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had my baby out today and three times once at Sams Club and once at the Shell station and once at the oil change place I was bombarded with questions about the truck. No one has a clue that its a Vert. This sure isnt a low profile ride im finding out...:)

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Ricochet said:
I had my baby out today and three times once at Sams Club and once at the Shell station and once at the oil change place I was bombarded with questions about the truck. No one has a clue that its a Vert. This sure isnt a low profile ride im finding out...:)
Yep had mine out yesterday for an oil change and they didn't know what it was or that it was a convertible. Had it out even longer today and answered a lot of questions and even showed someone how the top went down. Still haven't driven with the top down yet. Just give me a 60 degree day soon.

·
it's 5 o'clock somewhere!
16,300 Posts
it's smiles all around

:yesnod I love the way it bring's a smile to everyone that see's it. Whether it's an elderly lady that taps her husbands shoulder so he turns to see it too, or the school children out for recess running along the fence and yell that they love yer ride (even though a much louder/faster vehicle has just roared past, and the kids don't give it a second look), to the lady leaving the grocery store in a daze only to set eyes on the truck approaching and breaking into a huge smile and thumbs up!!!!!!
Gotta luv it :ssr :party

Sandy

·
Registered
288 Posts
In a nut shell you will love it:cool :cool

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
The last time made me feel kinda bad/sad. I pulled into the Shell station and at the other island I noticed this nice looking middle aged woman filling a kinda ratty looking older Buick Electra Park Av. I started filling as she was just paying. She started the car and it sounded kinda bad as she rounded my island the Electra made a bad noise from the front end and then all of a sudden she stopped and pulled her window down and started to tell me how beautiful the truck is and asking me questions about her. It made me feel bad that, nice lady was maybe forced to drive that old noisy Electra and not by choice :mad It put such a happy smile on her face. We really are lucky to be able to have an SSr think about it. :seeya

·
Premium Member
2,046 Posts
Ricochet said:
The last time made me feel kinda bad/sad. I pulled into the Shell station and at the other island I noticed this nice looking middle aged woman filling a kinda ratty looking older Buick Electra Park Av. I started filling as she was just paying. She started the car and it sounded kinda bad as she rounded my island the Electra made a bad noise from the front end and then all of a sudden she stopped and pulled her window down and started to tell me how beautiful the truck is and asking me questions about her. It made me feel bad that, nice lady was maybe forced to drive that old noisy Electra and not by choice :mad It put such a happy smile on her face. We really are lucky to be able to have an SSr think about it. :seeya
You definetly got it right (ricochet) Amen: Gratatude is the cataylist for recieving
all good things in life! Hal:)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Seems no matter where we go, we are always getting people asking what it is and where can i get one, is it a kit etc. Amazing how many people have never seen one...GM sure should have done a better job with advertizing...I feel lucky every day I get to go and hop into my SSR, it makes driving to work a pleasure...:agree

·
Registered
57 Posts
The Wink

Had a women walk by the truck at the NHRA race this weekend and wink while she said she loved the SSR. She then walked with her husband to their new 06' corvette. Oh what a feeling:rolleyes: :glol :glol :glol

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Summer driving

Got my SSR back in the fall of 2003 when nobody knew what it was. Every place that I parked it was 30 min. show and tell.:)

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mcvett2 said:
Got my SSR back in the fall of 2003 when nobody knew what it was. Every place that I parked it was 30 min. show and tell.:)

Oh my I can only imagine. :)

·
Premium Member
9,312 Posts
The first SSRs were delivered in October, 03, so very few were on the road until the spring of 04. I picked mine up in North Carolina, and drove for 5 days to get home. Fuel stops were an adventure - almost felt like I needed to apologize when trying to leave.

One stop in particular in downtown Pigeon Forge was truly entertaining - wish I could have taken a photo of the number of people surrounding my SSR.

It's also fun picking out the leaners and pointers coming the other way. Ever notice how a lot of people lean way over as they go by trying to get a longer look? Then the odd pointer in the passenger's seat darn near takes off the driver's nose.

Looking forward to another fun filled summer.

Ray

·
Premium Member
2,668 Posts
There's NOTHING like it. That top goes down at 55 degrees. The heater & seat warmers, and a jacket might go on, but I'm TOPLESS!!! It's the only way to go:lol

·
Premium Member
5,744 Posts
It's summer almost everyday here. It's a constant show & tell & it's great for business! I had a homeless man ask me today if it's the new El Camino???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts