Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dash display still on occasion is blank. It so far will come back on at the next startup, then 3 or 4 starts later NO info. What should I check next? It seems to only happen at cold start after a few days of not driving, Could this be the battery? Is there a fuse I should check? Intermittent problems are a pain. thanks for any advise.

·
Registered
455 Posts
My dash display still on occasion is blank. It so far will come back on at the next startup, then 3 or 4 starts later NO info. What should I check next? It seems to only happen at cold start after a few days of not driving, Could this be the battery? Is there a fuse I should check? Intermittent problems are a pain. thanks for any advise.
I also changed my switch and still had intermittent problems. Replaced with another switch and everything is OK, seems even a new switch can be bad.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,183 Posts
Rod, Like I told you on the phone the other day, "You had your battery changed and I think you have a ground/connection problem."

I would go back to the ground lug on the Battery and where ground cable is attached to body. Also check the positive lug, may not be tight.

I had a 1932 Plymouth that when it sat over night, the connection at the battery had to "wiggled" to get it to start in the morning, then it was good all day.

Dicktator

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
9,782 Posts
There is a ground lug in the engine compartment, on the forward side of the firewall, just inboard of the brake booster, facing downward, just aft of the seal for the hood. It's right by the wire harness that goes vertically to the harness that crosses from side to side at the top of the firewall. This ground lug can be the source of oddities in the instrument cluster..... including (but not limited to) lighting and the DIC (Driver Information Center) display.

This may not be the root cause of your issue, but it is worth a shot........

Regards,

Mike

·
Daily Driver
8,897 Posts
While you're checking grounds, the Negative battery cable has TWO attachments, frame and body. Also there's a ground on the frame under the drivers door.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts