Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I chickened out today. I wanted to let the Black Tie Top Hat down today because the weather was in the mid 50's and sunny here in Chicago today, but I just couldn't do it. My 06 Black Tie with Zaino was getting enough stares as it was. I just don't think the city is ready for the full display. But the first day it hits 60 or above, it's down. All I can say is just wait.

·
A Little BIG JIM
3,351 Posts
SS My R said:
Well I chickened out today. I wanted to let the Black Tie Top Hat down today because the weather was in the mid 50's and sunny here in Chicago today, but I just couldn't do it. My 06 Black Tie with Zaino was getting enough stares as it was. I just don't think the city is ready for the full display. But the first day it hits 60 or above, it's down. All I can say is just wait.
GO MAN GO! Just Raise the windows and crank up the heet thats what I do!

·
Registered
407 Posts
Well is was a beautiful 50 degrees here the other day and I asked my 5 year old if she wanted to go for a ride.

She said, "okay Daddy, but only if we take the SSR and you put the top down!"
That's a direct quote.......

So off we went with the top down, heat blowing out of the panels, and all smiles!

That's my girl!

·
Registered
164 Posts
SS My R said:
Well I chickened out today. I wanted to let the Black Tie Top Hat down today because the weather was in the mid 50's and sunny here in Chicago today, but I just couldn't do it.
I thought that's why they put heated seats in these beasts... Get the Windsupressr and you'r in business down to about -40 degrees F.:lol :lol :lol :lol

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Daven said:
I thought that's why they put heated seats in these beasts... Get the Windsupressr and you'r in business down to about -40 degrees F.:lol :lol :lol :lol
Yep, got the windscreen too.

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,997 Posts
You're set.
Now to make up for the error of your ways today (west coast time) you absolutely need to put that top down for the duration tomorrow. Fanatics orders:jester

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hdflstf said:
You're set.
Now to make up for the error of your ways today (west coast time) you absolutely need to put that top down for the duration tomorrow. Fanatics orders:jester
Sorry but the Black Tie will not be leaving the garage Friday because they are talking about rain and chance of a little snow; plus it's suppose to be in the mid 30's. The weathers been crazy here lately.

·
Premium Member
2,668 Posts
This car was made to DRIVE - I drive mine every day, rain, snow, ice, heat!!! Can't tell you how many times that top is down. The jacket is on, windsuppessor behind me, heat full blast, 40 degrees outside!! Just traded my 04 in on an 06 2 tone - NOW I have heated seats to add to the mix

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nancy24 said:
This car was made to DRIVE - I drive mine every day, rain, snow, ice, heat!!! Can't tell you how many times that top is down. The jacket is on, windsuppessor behind me, heat full blast, 40 degrees outside!! Just traded my 04 in on an 06 2 tone - NOW I have heated seats to add to the mix
Like I said it's an 06 Black Tie with everything needed to let the top hat down, but no sun today. Plus have you ever seen what Chicago salt puts on the streets for snow and what it does to a car no matter what color?

I'll have to drive the Black Glaze 06 HHR or the QX 56. Remember the SSR is the last of it's kind in a couple of months so it's got to last. :banghead :smash :banghead :smash :banghead :smash

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
SS My R said:

WindsupreSSR.
Cant live without it.

·
Registered
904 Posts
NO don't do that, I see young kids doing that, Not in a SSR but to have the top down, Windows up, Heat on, Music so loud it hurts, That says look how dumb I am and yes I hate to say I saw a SSR the same way just without the music, Just me but I leave the top up at all times, In the winter it is to cold, In the summer it is to hot, I know roll the windows up and turn the a/c as high as it will go and say I can be just as dumb as the rest of you, Or is it getting old, I have even raced with the air on

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Nothing Wrong

Their is nothing wrong with the top down radio blasting at any age. To get the maximum enjoyment out of the SSR this is a MUST!! Even if it is a little chille....I'm not about to become old just yet!!! We all have that little kid inside of us. :D
I like going outside to play :lol

·
Registered
904 Posts
Well it is what ever turns you on as they say, You wouldn't put the top down today- Well I guess there are some that would, but I took my wife to get something to eat and the store and it was bone chilling cold and they said it was rainning 1/4 inch a hour and the wind was blowing so hard, Well you get the picture, I was parked and saw a sliver SSR comming in and parked, The guy got out and pulled his hat down and his coat up and right before he got where he could see me I said why do you have a truck like that in this kind of weather, The look on his face when he saw my SSR was funny I told him about SSRFANATIC but he was moving pretty fast when he said he would check it out

1 - 18 of 18 Posts